My 6505 will cut out without warning, but then when I replace the burned-out fuse, it's fine...until the next one blows! They last several hours of playing, max, and it's happened twice during gigs now. At first I thought it was just because we were using ****ty 15-year-old fuses we found in my band's drummer's basement, but I got some brand new ones and they don't last much longer. Does anyone know what might be causing this?
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
if its your house fuses then you should try to stager the electrical load thoughout the house..
ie plug your amp into a room where nothing is turned on not even the lights and it should work.
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff
Quote by zamok
if its your house fuses then you should try to stager the electrical load thoughout the house..
ie plug your amp into a room where nothing is turned on not even the lights and it should work.

This will fix the problem that's causing the fuse to blow how, exactly?
Take your amp to a tech. A fuse blowing is a sign of a bigger problem.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by Archeo Avis
This will fix the problem that's causing the fuse to blow how, exactly?
Take your amp to a tech. A fuse blowing is a sign of a bigger problem.

Correct. Likely something wrong in the amp putting too much voltage through it. If it was a power tube, it would blow right away. That said you are putting in the right type, correct?
Quote by CJRocker
Correct. Likely something wrong in the amp putting too much voltage through it. If it was a power tube, it would blow right away. That said you are putting in the right type, correct?

Yeah, we made sure they were the right kind of fuse. BTW, I mean the fuse built into the amp, not the fuse in the power switching. I guess I'll just take it to a tech, thanks for your help.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
You need a slow blow fuse, not a quickblow, which is probably what you found.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra