Page 1 of 2
My dog is the best fucking thing in my entire life... He's the cutest black lab mix you will ever see. I love him to death and life without him would be miserable...

Unfortunately, my parents are getting rid of him... He's been randomly aggressive the past year or so, and we can't figure out why. He's bit several people including biting me pretty bad for no reason, and today he viciously attacked my sister for no reason...

It's so fucking shitty. I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do... My parents are taking him to a pound, but nobody's going to want to take an aggressive dog... he's just going to end up being put to sleep.

I'm so miserable right now.

I just needed to get this all out, but I know it's going to take a lot more than a forum post to get over it...

I fucking love that dog and I'm going to miss him so much...
Kill parents. Move to the backcountry. Bring the dog.
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
Awww. That is my only weakness, dogs. (If you tell anyone, you will be hunted)

I always wanted a German Shepherd Dog, but I live in an apartment and I wouldn't do that to the poor thing. They need space.
That sucks man. Perhaps look for another similar dog? Stop using the F word every sentence though.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by skateguitar7654
Kill parents. Move to the backcountry. Bring the dog.

that's exactly what I thought before I even finished reading TS's post.
Do they have dog psychologists?
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Any chance you could get some sort of dog expert/trainer? Or even a vet to look at him? Maybe his temper can be fixed somehow. If not though sorry to hear about that, losing a pet can be really hard.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Has your dog had intercourse in the past few years? If you didnt get laid ever and you couldnt help yourself youd get aggressive too. I are serious, and this is serious post.
Quote by zeppelinpage4
Any chance you could get some sort of dog expert/trainer? Or even a vet to look at him? Maybe his temper can be fixed somehow. If not though sorry to hear about that, losing a pet can be really hard.

or that guy with the odd accent who trains dogs, he could probably do it.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Quote by DeadMeadow
Has your dog had intercourse in the past few years? If you didnt get laid ever and you couldnt help yourself youd get aggressive too. I are serious, and this is serious post.

Go get neutered. Tell me if you still want to have sex.

-SD
Quote by SilentDeftone
Go get neutered. Tell me if you still want to have sex.

-SD

If I'm sterile I'm gonna f*ck EVRYthing!
Quote by jasonmetal love
That sucks man. Perhaps look for another similar dog? Stop using the F word every sentence though.

the **** word? get over it.
He never said he was neutered

Dude just jack your dog off, trust me he will be a more relaxed dog.
Quote by DeadMeadow
He never said he was neutered

Dude just jack your dog off, trust me he will be a more relaxed dog.
Not funny.
Right now we can't afford any sort of dog expert or anything like that..

Vets can't tell us what his deal is, and we can't really afford any more medication for him since we already pay a lot for allergy medication for him.

I'm going to talk to my parents tomorrow about letting him come stay with me at my apartment at college and see if they'll keep paying for the meds at least until I can afford to.. I really can't imagine not having him around anymore..

My friend said he'd take him in, but it's just the matter of so much money being spent on the dog that I don't think anybody that's offered to take him in realizes how much money he costs every month and I don't think they can afford it.

EDIT: Also, he used to be a very mild-tempered, well-trained dog... Just in the past year or two he's become increasingly aggressive and nothing we do seems to help. Just when we think maybe he's over it, he comes back worse than before
Quote by SilentDeftone
When they neuter a dog, especially pre-doggy-puberty, he produces less testosterone.

-SD

Well eventually I'd be bored enough...
Quote by fob12
Not funny.

Its not suppose to be funny, im trying to help him out. Ive heard of animals being aggressive when they dont have a mate. I know if I dont wack it for a 5 days or so ill start to get aggressive.
Quote by DeadMeadow
Its not suppose to be funny, im trying to help him out. Ive heard of animals being aggressive when they dont have a mate. I know if I dont wack it for a 5 days or so ill start to get aggressive.
Maybe dogs are more sophisticated then that.
Quote by RockThe40oz
He was neutered when he was a puppy... he's 7 years old now. it's not sexual frustration..

Okay hmm.. sometimes dogs get more aggressive and such as far as snapping at people with age.
Quote by DeadMeadow
Okay hmm.. sometimes dogs get more aggressive and such as far as snapping at people with age.

Not to this degree. Especially when the only health problem he has (allergies) we are treating.. and he's aggressive randomly regardless of whether or not he's on the medication..

I don't know..

I'll figure something out.. I'll get another job if I have to if it means I get to keep my dog
Quote by SilentDeftone
Is he well socialized? Is he aggressive towards anything or anyone else routinely? Are there any triggers for this behavior?

-SD

He's constantly around people. We're constantly playing with him... rough housing doesn't bother him. You can push him around all you want most of the time and he just plays around.

Nobody knows what triggers it. He'll just be sitting there letting you pet him one second and then randomly turn around and start attacking you the next... or he'll be laying on his back wagging his tail like he does when he wants a belly rub, but when you get close to him to give him one, he freaks out on you.

I'm really convinced that if given the chance, I can train him well... After he bit me once pretty bad, I became more stern and dominant and he's only even growled at me or tried to bite me once since then when I grabbed him by the back of the neck because he was being retarded and refusing to get in the bath tub..

..but I have 3 roommates and friends over a lot, and I'm afraid of what will happen if he bites them. Plus it's hard to get everybody to go along with the training. I've only got a year left of college after this semester and I had planned on taking him with me when I'm out on my own.. I'd still like to be able to do that.
Quote by RockThe40oz

Awwwwww What a cool dog.

Hope you find a way to keep him.. are there any spots on his body that are more tender than others? If you touched them he could get aggressive. Just an idea...

cut his nuts off, worked with my dog.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Dam. That really sucks man. If that happened to my dog I would feel terrible.

Have you seen a vet?
Listen to The Sounds Inside
John Frusciante
Once a dog has bitten someone it can never be trusted again.....
in this case several times your parents are right,even tho it sucks...
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by angus is god
cut his nuts off, worked with my dog.

We already did that 7 years ago.

As far as tender spots, we really can't figure it out. We know not to bother him while he's sleeping or even shortly after he's woken up because he's more likely to be aggressive then when he doesn't really have a good grasp of what's going on. Other than that, we have no idea what triggers it.

I'm talking to my parents today to see if there are any other options.
Put on steel-toed boots. Next time he freaks out like that, kick him in the side.

It'll be hard, but trust me, my dog used to do that exact same thing. Once I kicked him (he's about the same size as yours), he never hurt another person.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Ah no way man. I can't imagine not having my 2 dogs. Sorry. I suggest you seek out a professional dog trainer/vet and ask them for advice.
****ing hell, if I repeatedly bit people or attacked them I'd be sent to jail, There's something wrong with your dog, he needs dealt with. If a vet can't do anything for him then he's going to sleep.
Quote by freedoms_stain
****ing hell, if I repeatedly bit people or attacked them I'd be sent to jail, There's something wrong with your dog, he needs dealt with. If a vet can't do anything for him then he's going to sleep.

And do you have a dog???
Page 1 of 2