I've been playing for a little over year with the same crappy practice amp usually borrowing amps from friends for shows. I'm sure you guys get this question all the time but I need help choosing an amp because I don't know any bass players in my area except myself. I was recently impressed when I went to Guitar Center and played with the Line 6 LD 300 which was $599.

I've got a $1000 price limit.

I play rock, alty, funk, metal, country, hip-hop, anything and everything really so I need a flexible amp (which I thought the Line 6 fulfilled).

I do small-medium shows.

My bass is an Ibanez GSR 200FM.

Many of you are older and wiser than I so your input is appreciated.
I hear both good and bad things about Line 6 reliablity when moving them around a lot. other than that if you like the sound and you think it's powerful enough then you should get it. It's really up to you at this point. the only thing i don't like is that there's no extension speaker jack so when you upgrade in the future you'll have to do it all at once.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
I heard that the Line 6 has quite a "thick" sound that you can't really escape, which you should kinda pay attention to.

I've owned a Fender Bassman 250 that would fit under that price limit, and it had good portability, as well as a great EQ.

Also, we can't forget Carvin!
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
$1000 is quite alot of money

you could get a GK 1000-RB head from rmcaudio.com as well as a decent cab, maybe avatar, though I have no direct experience with them.

If you can save up another 200 you can get a GK NEO 2x12 cab I use the 700rb head and 2x12 NEO cab, and it's an extremely versatile beast I can get every tone i'll ever need out if it.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2