I'm thinking about buying one of these pedals and I'm not sure which one would suit my style best. I play Blues, Rock, and Jazz Fusion and I'm looking for a little grit on the clean channel and an extra push on the overdrive channel. On the drive channel, I'm trying to find a pedal that will help me get a smooth singing lead tone. I have a Peavey Classic 30.

I have played the OCD through a Fender Hot Rod with the volume turned way down and I was very impressed at the pedal's transparency, clarity and dynamic response. I like the HP/LP switch and how you can get two different sounds by flicking a switch and not really adjusting the knobs. This would probably be useful for changing guitars with different output levels.

I have heard many demos of the BB Preamp and the Andy Timmons got me interested in this one. I haven't found a shop that sells them so I don't think I'd be able to try it. I like the 2 band active EQ and the amount of gain available.

Sorry that was so long...any advice?
...to give your love no matter what is what she said...
the ocd i think is way more versitile
that little box has a ton of gain
you can't go wrong with the ocd
but i think the bbpreamp might suit you really well
would the OCD or MXR zw-44 be better for tightening up an already distorted tone?
Quote by guitaristd
the ocd i think is way more versitile
that little box has a ton of gain
you can't go wrong with the ocd
but i think the bbpreamp might suit you really well

So the OCD is more versitile but the BB might be better for me? What do you mean?
i jsut have a feeling that the bb preamp would suit you better if you are just going to play low gain/ ontop of an already overdriven amp
but if you want a versitile pedal go OCD
not to say that the OCD isn't good at ontop of an already overdriven amp/ slight gain
I like the OCD more personally, but to be fair I have only tried them on different amps.

OCD is my favorite overdrive hands down though.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Hmm...I'm sure both are great. I've seen the BB sell used for $140+, so I think I'm going get that and if I don't like it, hopefully I'll be able to sell it and have that pay for the OCD.