Someone is offering me a crate voodo half stack (BV120H and BV412S) For my peavy 6505 combo, and offering delivery, should i go for it?

Can someone inlighten me on the tonal differences?
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
I'd say no. I've heard ups and downs about the Blue Voodoo, but pre-Palomino and V-Series Crate tube amps are mostly tosh. I could be wrong.
bad deal!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Hellz no!!! i played a BV120 and it sounded like ****e!!! no lie. keep your gain monster and go, best thing for you to do
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
I wouldn't go for it. Especially if you're going for heavy tones. While the amp is aimed at the Hard Rock/Metal demographic, I wouldn't use it for metal. The low end is too mushy and the amp is quite bright. I liked it better for a Rock type sound. The clean channel is a step up from the 6505 though. It's still bollocks though.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at Feb 10, 2008,
ha he was offering a Digitech GSP1101 too
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by the.spine.surfs
I'd say no. I've heard ups and downs about the Blue Voodoo, but pre-Palomino and V-Series Crate tube amps are mostly tosh. I could be wrong.

Some of those older Crate Vintage Club (or something random like that) amps aren't bad.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I played a crate blue voodoo the other day.
Wasn't impressed. Cleans were shabby, the overdrive the same.
Keep your Peavey.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i have a blue voodoo head... and i play metal/hardcore

not to bash my own equipment or anything, don't get me wrong i love my voodoo, but compared to a 6505 it really lacks gain and bass.

i would say if you are into a neoclassical metal kinda thing it would be a good amp but not necessairly if you like to palm mute a lot like i do.
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass
Gallien-Kreuger Backline 600
ESP LTD EC-1000
Line 6 Spider III 75
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Some of those older Crate Vintage Club (or something random like that) amps aren't bad.

The more you know! Thanks.
No problem.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
The Blue Voodoo is easily the worst tube amp I have ever played. Granted, the one I played was heavily used, so I don't know how much that affected it, but the tone was muddy and dull. The 5150/6505 is a premier metal amp. Hang on to it.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.