Does anyone know anything about breedlove guitar? Do they sound good? Are they expensive. Anything about them would be good.
Kyle M.N.
Ive never had the privilege of playing one but they have a very good reputation from what ive heard.
never plyaed one as well. i've heard nothing but good things about them. I hear that they sound like taylors in terms of their overall normal bright tone. breedloves also look quite nice.
The Asian-made "Atlas" series guitars are pretty affordable. They sell for great prices on the used market.
I have an Atlas AD20SM. I love the sound. While they sound similar to Taylors, they are certainly different. Obviously, you would have to try it out for yourself.
They have a wide range of guitars from just solid top to custom made. Prices range from $350 to several thousand for a custom made.
Crafstmanship is excellent . Even the ones made in Korea are inspected in the U.S. prior to sale.
They also have a unique JLD truss system. You can read about it on the website, but basically it allows for different bracing and I think that's why they sound so unique.
Anyway, try one out, you won't be disappointed.
Quote by Jerome G
I have an Atlas AD20SM. I love the sound. While they sound similar to Taylors, they are certainly different. Obviously, you would have to try it out for yourself.
They have a wide range of guitars from just solid top to custom made. Prices range from $350 to several thousand for a custom made.
Crafstmanship is excellent . Even the ones made in Korea are inspected in the U.S. prior to sale.
They also have a unique JLD truss system. You can read about it on the website, but basically it allows for different bracing and I think that's why they sound so unique.
Anyway, try one out, you won't be disappointed.

The JLD Truss system is installed in some of the Breedlove guitars to prevent the soundboad from bellying up due to tension on the top from the strings. It's a nifty invention, but because of how it's made, it is out of necessity attached to the bottom side of the soundboard, inside of the guitar. In my mind, that attachment can prevent the soundboard from vibrating, or resonating fully. I've heard them and they do sound good. I'm just not 100% sold on the idea just yet. Perhaps for an older guitar that has the bellying up problem, sure, but new?
^ Yes I'm not 100% sure of the science of the system, and I have seen many debates regarding the merits of the system.
To me, I don't think it restricts the vibration of the top. In fact I think it makes the top vibrate more naturally, by offsetting the tension of the strings pulling on the bridge, making that area of the top more " neutral" if you will.
Probably, the biggest benefit is the ability to use lighter bracing, which surely makes a large difference in sound.
They sound great regardless of the reason, and you won't have to worry about the top bellying up !
great guitars... pretty pricey,... similar to Larive
"Prepare to eat crap of the highest calibur!" Brilliant words of a brilliant man.

"when TransAms ruled the highways and mustaches carried magic. "
they all pretty much sound good. its funny that you ask since i just got back from playing quite a few of them at GC. they are fairly expensive though. i would play one in person before buying one because some people dont like them as much as i might.
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
People keep saying that the Breedloves are expensive, but you have to look at the price in context. They, along with Larrivee's, are downright affordable compared to Martins and Taylors.
i have a breedlove custom and it's a fantastic instrument. i've also played alot of guitars in the atlas series and a few in the performance and professional series and they are all great guitars for the money.
I bought a BreedLove Atlas AD20SM and love it! That was after comparing to Guilds, Taylors and Martins. It's crafted in Korea with solid spruce wood top and solid mahogany back that produces an excellent sound. I really like the satin finish neck and it was very affordable ($650 w/case at GC). Set-up for me was perfect out of the box. I would recommend it. If I could do it again I'd get the cut-out version of the same guitar. Go play it!
I have been looking at the Breedloves for an upgrade guitar. I want a solid wood guitar, but have noticed the Breedloves I've been looking at (atlas series AD20/SR and AD20/SM) are not completely solid (sides). How much of a difference does the sides make tone-wise?
^-- whether or not the sides are solid or not makes a drastically smaller difference in tone when compared to the top and back. the top makes the biggest difference, followed by the back, and then the sides. some people actually prefer laminated sides because it makes the guitar stronger structurally.
I've never owned one but I've played numerous models in guitar shops. They are beautiful guitars, definately well deserving of their reputation as competition to Taylor and Martin!
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.