Hey everyone

Im looking for a new guitar that i would be using as a Drop C tuning guitar. Im looking at spending around $1000 AUD on it. I live in Perth, Western Australia and i dont really mind having to ship in from somewhere but i'd like it to be from melbourne if anywhere. Some bands i want to play with this guitar are Atreyu, Bullet For My Valentine, As I Lay Dying and some others.

One thing that i really am not sure about for the bands above type sound is the pickups. I have been looking at guitars with Seymour Duncans and EMG's and some with custom brand ones (such as schecters)

Some guitars that i have come up with are:

Jackson DK2T Dinky

http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2911006585

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser

http://schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=26

Schecter C-1 Blackjack

http://schecterguitars.com/spec.asp?id=18

Any suggestions Of Other guitars around this pricerange and style would be much appreciated.

thanks.
Hellraiser would probably be perfect for you, those guitars play amazing.
so EMG active pickups would be the best for the heavy sound and the pinch harmonics n stuff?
Id go with one of the Schecter C-1s , personally I think the blackjack looks godly
im not a big bc rich or moser fan

and yea the blackjack does look quite sweet

just wondering, if i were to get a bit of a cheaper guitar then which one out of the Schecters Demon 6, Damien 6 or Revenger is better?
Quote by Raphy00
im not a big bc rich or moser fan

and yea the blackjack does look quite sweet

just wondering, if i were to get a bit of a cheaper guitar then which one out of the Schecters Demon 6, Damien 6 or Revenger is better?

Check out the new BCR Gunslinger Retro and Assassin.
Strat shape with Rockfields and a whole lot of other stuff (Possibly trems)
Also quite cheap.
are BCR Assassins better then Schecter C-1 Hellraisers or Blackjacks?
I'd go for the Jackson, Schecters tend to have fat necks.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Hey man,
I'm from perth to.
Check out the quokka.
www.quokka.com.au
There's always some kickass stuff on there and there's not really a set price you can always bring the seller down. A few weeks back I bought my ibanez prestige for $690 with a hardcase!!!
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Did you see the rg570 with hardcase for $700?
Theres also and ltd viper 200 with emg's but I'd much rather the ibanez.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
yeh i saw that man
but fuk me did u see the ibanez rg27sp with all this other shiz for 700
i just txted the guy asking for pictures and it looks sweet
That went for sale the week I bought mine and I was going to look into but i had no idea what he was talking about haha. He's like rg27 ltd I was like hmm....... an rg or ltd ?
Well good luck man !
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
You may also want to take a look at whatever ESP sub-brands are available near you. I would assume LTD, but if there is a music store importing Edwards or Grass Roots near you, I would look at those as well.

I would try them out first though and find what is most comfortable for you. Playing with a neck that is too thin for you is probably worse than playing one that feels too thick.
Quote by Raphy00
are BCR Assassins better then Schecter C-1 Hellraisers or Blackjacks?

Yes. Yes, they are. Check the specs.
i got a hellraiser FR in black for $950 + shipping. pm me if ur interested.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
you can't go wrong with the bc rich, schecter or jackson, just pick what you like the feel of better.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
What's the different between the Hellraiser and Blackjack beside the neck inlays?

Edit: ahh.. stupid of me. I see now.
If u want a double locking trem, go for an Ibanez S series, u can get them for under 1k in Aus, and they r a damn fine instrument