alright, I've got an Epiphone G-400 I finally desided to change pickups in. I've been debating about a couple different pickups but I wanted to ask the EMG users out there about some of EMG's pickups. I'm focusing on the bridge position. I'm looking for a humbucker that gives you a metal/grungy sound but at the same time, I also want it to be crystal clear if I were to play my guitar clean. Any one know if EMG has a pickup that can do that?
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

I've been thinking about the 81. I've seen on musicians friend that there are pre orders for a coil tap 81. Think that would be any good?

hahahahaa. no. You pull up on a knob (Usually) and it splits the coil in the humbucker so that only one is active. Effectively making it a single coil pickup.

v Dude, we posted within a second of each other. when it refreshed, after i posted, your post was bellow mine. nice timing .
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Last edited by .:Darkness:. at Feb 10, 2008,
it's like a full humbucker, then you pull up on a knob and it turns into a single coil.

^ beat me to it.

Basically pulling up on the knob disables one of the 2 single coils in the humbucker. And yes, the EMG 81 is amazing in the bridge position.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by .arkness:.

v Dude, we posted within a second of each other. when it refreshed, after i posted, your post was bellow mine. nice timing .

lol, yeah, great minds think a like.

1 - what amp do you have?
2 - don't bother mixing actives and passives, it's too much of a ballache.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I've got a 25 watt Stone amp, a 40 watt Peavey Rage, a 100 watt 60's Sears Silvertone and a 70's 350 watt Univox as well as a 100 watt Marshall head.

To be honest I don't think you're going to get what you want from any one pickup, you need to look at changing both pickups to get the result you want.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I plan to change the neck positionas well, but I play more with the bridge pickup than anything.

Harmonic design P94 for the neck. Handles gain pretty well, and awesome cleans.

For the bridge get a hotter humbucker. Not very familiar with humbuckers, so I'll don't really have anything to say.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
if ur going active a SD blackout or an EMG 81 would be awesome, if ur going passive i would say dimarzio super distortion or SD JB i believe is the one for the bridge
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
yeah, I've heard a lot of good stuff about the super distortion as well.