Well, the title says it, I wanna have good technique so please can anyone tell me how to properly handle the guitar while standing???

Thanks.
just have the guitar high up like waiste hight but its your own playing style just play the way u find best m8
Have it so that your picking arm is totally relaxed and that you can get to all the frets without having to continuously strain your arm into unnatural positions
Your technique shouldn't change between sitting and standing. Start playing your song seated and stand up after a few bars...did the guitar slip down? Tighten the strap. This won't guarantee you good technique, but whatever technique you have playing seated should be the same as your technique standing. If standing up is destroying your technique, play seated. Technique is FAR more important than the better view.
Quote by wildyoda2
Your technique shouldn't change between sitting and standing. Start playing your song seated and stand up after a few bars...did the guitar slip down? Tighten the strap. This won't guarantee you good technique, but whatever technique you have playing seated should be the same as your technique standing. If standing up is destroying your technique, play seated. Technique is FAR more important than the better view.

What the heck? Who told you that?
Quote by wildyoda2

thats a pretty high up strap then... not everyone wants to look like Tom Morello haha

you don't have to have the guitar the same way sitting as you do standing. if you practice enough you'll get used to both
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
^ That's just unproductive; why would you learn something perfectly whilst sitting down, so that you have to re-learn it when you want to perform it; and you shouldn't be slouching whilst playing so it really won't be that much of a difference

I'd much rather look like Tom Morello than someone who wears his guitar round his knees if it made playing easy as I need it to be
I usually wear my guitar in the middle, And rest it on my leg foot when I'm standing up. Kind of like EVH or Kirk hammet or petrucci. Its easy to reach the higher frets. And I get to use the wah/volume pedal without the guitar getting in my way
i never understood how some people can play standing when they have the strap lowered so the guitar is under their waist. for me i have the guitar body in my stomach area.
Quote by metalmaniac45
i never understood how some people can play standing when they have the strap lowered so the guitar is under their waist. for me i have the guitar body in my stomach area.

I can do that, but I don't see the point. I'm pretty comfortable like that, but my shoulder hurts after a while from leaning down too much.
the guitar should be at around your belly somewhere, the cavity should curve under your chest area & the neck at a 45 degree angle

should look something like this