Is this a good idea? replacing all my chrome knobs, tuners and bridge with gold plated brass stuff? Would this look any good on my squier jazz (antique sunburst)? I want to hear your veiw.
-Home brew tele
-Fender American Strat
-Fender mim Jazz
-Partocaster Strat
In progress: -Soloist build
-Vintage bass refinish

-vox 847 wah
-Blackstar distortion

+Vox AD30VT

"when I die, there won't be a funeral, but a jam session"
I think it would look sexy. Go for it.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Yeah go for it, a bass always looks sexy in gold.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
yea? im startin to really think about it, i live in aus so where could i get the hardware? on the net...? allans music wont stock it.

Just found a pic, looks hot
-Home brew tele
-Fender American Strat
-Fender mim Jazz
-Partocaster Strat
-Vintage bass refinish

-vox 847 wah
-Blackstar distortion

+Vox AD30VT

^^ i love bass pr0n. just ordered, gold knobs, tuners, strap buttons and bridge. gonna look hawt!! I ordered from guitar fetish, nice'n'cheap but i don't know of what quality. whats your veiw of buying online than instore?
-Home brew tele
-Fender American Strat
-Fender mim Jazz
-Partocaster Strat
-Vintage bass refinish

-vox 847 wah
-Blackstar distortion

+Vox AD30VT

Pick whatever hardware you happen to prefer. Personally I think gold hardware only looks good with a few different colors of bass:dark cool colors like green, purple and blue, but if you like it, go for it.

I wouldn't invest very much in a squire like that though when I could be saving up for a new bass or amp.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I wouldn't invest very much in a squire like that though when I could be saving up for a new bass or amp.

Yeah, but if he's not planning on doing that soon, then he could just make his bass look sexier. Plus, he can always transfer hardware if he gets a new bass.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Pick whatever hardware you happen to prefer. Personally I think gold hardware only looks good with a few different colors of bass:dark cool colors like green, purple and blue, but if you like it, go for it.

Well, I mean:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/thefitz/pictures/gear/28536/

It looks fantastic on dark colours, but on burst colours:

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/thefitz/pictures/personal/69600/

It looks much classier than cooler (sorry for the bad pic of my Strat).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Well, I mean:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/thefitz/pictures/gear/28536/

It looks fantastic on dark colours, but on burst colours:

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/thefitz/pictures/personal/69600/

It looks much classier than cooler (sorry for the bad pic of my Strat).

Agreed. Sunburst looks mature, almost refined; dark colours, it just looks cool.

And Fitzy, I have that same shirt, in green. HURRY UP THE CAKES, right?
personally, if you had enough money to upgrade the bridge, knobs and tuners, I would have just got a new bass or amp, seeing as you have two beginner basses, or saved up for one down the road.
Quote by Zar938
personally, if you had enough money to upgrade the bridge, knobs and tuners, I would have just got a new bass or amp, seeing as you have two beginner basses, or saved up for one down the road.

"Ding Ding Ding"!!!
we have a winner!!
you sir, have advanced to the next round!!
Quote by Pink Muse
Agreed. Sunburst looks mature, almost refined; dark colours, it just looks cool.

And Fitzy, I have that same shirt, in green. HURRY UP THE CAKES, right?

Haha, that's my guitar player. Yep, Hurry Up The Cakes. I have the I Hate Myself and I Want To Die shirt surrounded by rainbows and hearts.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..