yo! can anyone give me a list of companies that make bass pickups.
i like nice clear punchy tones by the way so if you can reccomend any specific pickups would be great!

so far ive looked at:
seymour duncan
bare knuckles. (but they dont do bass ones
GFS

any others?
thanks
Get Seymour Duncan quarter pounders, and for what type of bass
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
umm jazz bass, maybe precision too
cz im either gonna get an aerodyne jazz hich has a split p neck p-up or a normal jazz.
ive already looked at SD's and itll take me a while to save so im looking for other options.
i like bartolini, not sure how anyone else feels about them
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
I put SD Quarter pounders on my all maple P bass clone and they made a huge difference. Bright and punchy are the usual adjectives I get describing the tone of that bass.

You may want to check out EMGs as well. There are many on this site who have used their pups in their mod projects and liked them immensely.
I absolutely love Lindy Fralin pickups, I played a Precision bass with a slightly overwound set dropped in and it sounded so good! Once I've got some spare cash I'm ordering some.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Seymour Duncan, EMG, and Bartolini make great pickups. They're my three personal preferences.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I hot rodded my Ibanez GSR200 with Duncan's and the tone is alot more defined, (actually sounds like a bass now), I recommend those. I'm now also having a Schecter Stiletto customized with Bartolini's, Barts give the bass a much more detailed, colorful sound, I prefer those much over the stock EMG's which in my opinion lack significant warmth in a bass. I also highly recommend trying out Nordstrands, their not as popularly voiced as other brands are, but they are definitely worth trying out if you want a vintage, distinctive sound, you'll never go wrong with Nordstrands.
Seymour Duncan and EMGs are the standards, and Bartolinis are also very nice. At the top of the heap are Lindy Fralins, but if you want the best vintage growl, look at Dark Star pickups from Hammon Engineering--they are incredible. Also, the top of the line for pure tone is Q-tuner pickups--I have a pair of these in my fretless and the top end is crystalline, bottom is crisp and punchy. They are $300, but they are worth checking out, especially if you are serious about bass tone.
Jaco de Lucia.

The Zen of Duh: How low can you go? Zero Hertz. That's the lowest anyone can go. Just turn off your bass amp and not play.

Q-tuner PUs (0X0 configuration) and HG Thor Labs for the best fretless bass tone. MWAH FACTOR!!!
Quote by terb
See how this has become the " I <3 Seymour Duncan" thread, whats the difference between the Quarter Pounds and the Lightning Rods?

My memory hazards a guess that the lightening rods are active.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I just bought a new Ibanez bass and it came with Bartolini pickups and i love them, they make a truly beautiful sound.
I personally reccomend BassLines, they are my brand of choice.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Id look at Basslines pickups, as well as Bartolini and maybe something like Lindy Fralin. If it helps, Flea's Modulus bass has Bartolini actives i think, and he always uses Bartolinis. But I would save up for some Fralins.
If we're talking Fender-style pickups, it's hard to beat the company itself, especially with their SCN line. I own a guitar and bass with SCNs and they're incredible. Straight up Fender sound with clarity that you never thought existed.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Straight up Fender sound with clarity that you never thought existed.

*groans internally*

I never knew TheFitz was able to demonstrate such corniness.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke