etting My Epiphone Lp Pickgurd Off will hurt the sound of the guitar or the wood?
please i need to know if some one did it before me :S
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!
makes no tonal difference, you will have the holes in the top and side that the screws for the pickguard go in though. They are rather small, but noticeable.
Heh, I was thinking about putting a pickguard on my '08 Gibson LP but I am afraid I won't want it there forever and wont put it on for this exact reason
Shouldn't affect tone at all. Depending on the age of your guitar the wood under the pickguard may look slightly different than the "exposed" wood due to fading. Keep the pickguard in case you want to resell the guitar in "original" condition. And yes...LOTS of people have done this before.
As said keep the pickguard. I took mine off my LP Studio and it looks better to me. The way the pickguard was raised was more of a pain in the *** than it was worth. I don't windmill or play with a lot of up and down elbow motion, my wrist is the main pivot-point, so the pickguard was unneccessary for my style. If you slash the strings or otherwise rake the pick across the body you may want a pickguard to protect the finish. If not, store the pickguard for posterity, just put the original screws back in sans pickguard. If the sight of the screws bothers you just dab a little paint or nail polish on the heads, that way you don't loose them.
ok thx guys going to take it off right now
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!