I was thinking of getting a traynor YCV40WR but I'm concerned that it would be too loud for home use. I've thought of getting the YCV20WR(the place where I take lessons uses them) and it sounds great especially when cranked but it's only 15watts and might be too quiet to play with my friends who that have bands or to use in a gig. Any suggestions or alternate recommendations?
Last edited by Loonatick at Feb 10, 2008,
Both amps are loud for home use. If you can crank the 20 in your house, you can certainly get decent tone out of the 40 without any problem. I'd go with the bigger amp if you have jamming/gigging needs.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Well, it really depends. If you crank the mids on this amp, yeah, it'll sound obnoxiously loud. I practice with it on 1, but I'd think it would still be to loud for an apartment with thin walls.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
Well, it really depends. If you crank the mids on this amp, yeah, it'll sound obnoxiously loud. I practice with it on 1, but I'd think it would still be to loud for an apartment with thin walls.

Hmm I guess I could get the 40 since I live in a house, but I plan to move to a dorm next year .
Quote by Loonatick
Hmm I guess I could get the 40 since I live in a house, but I plan to move to a dorm next year .

thats what valve juniors are for
Gear:
too much to list

Soldering iron:15 dollars
Amp kit: 500 dollars
solder: 5 dollars
Burning the crap outta your fingers: priceless
Quote by mercinariesgtr
thats what little giants are for

Fixed
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR