So I've decided on an Ibanez S520EX, but I heard the INF pickups aren't the greatest out there. So what would be the best replacement? I only need to replace the bridge pickup, because that's the only one I use. I would prefer a passive pickup. I play hardcore/thrash/death metal, but I like tone like Slayer/Evile/Municipal Waste. We play in drop C, if that means anything. Thanks.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

oh, sorry, didnt see the part where u said u prefer passive pu's
if u want passive, try seymour duncans theyre good
Quote by GuitarManNick
oh, sorry, didnt see the part where u said u prefer passive pu's
if u want passive, try seymour duncans theyre good

Any specific kind? Like the JB and the such?
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Do you want a warm tone, or more like a sharp tone ? Cleaner, brighter ?

I suggest you go on the DiMarzio's site ( http://www.dimarzio.com/ ) and you do the "test" to find which pickups will suit you best ( the Pickup Picker thing, on bottom right ). Obviously, it will show DiMarzio's pickups. But you can see the specs of each pickups ( treble, bass and mid tones ) and maybe compare with other brands from other manufacturers that will have close to the same specs.

That's what I did to decide my pickups on my bc rich ( I chose DiMarzio's D Sonic for bridge, and The Breed Neck for neck position), and I love them. I got the exact sound I wanted. It's perfect.

I hope this long post will help you :P
Hello, Mirror - so glad to see you my friend, it's been a while

Help me - I can't break out this prison all alone
Save me - I'm drowning and I'm hopeless on my own
Heal me - I can't restore my sanity alone
Quote by Unskathed
Any specific kind? Like the JB and the such?

for what u wanna play, i'd say dimebuckers
Quote by GuitarManNick
for what u wanna play, i'd say dimebuckers

Ha...

ha...

no...

I'd just wait until the guitar arrives, so you can check in person if you need more highs, less gain, etc.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I would go with either a Duncan JB or Duncan Distortion (a hotter JB) in the bridge. They are very versatile.
Last edited by stigma15 at Feb 14, 2008,