--5--
--5--
--5--
--4--
--5--
----- how would one play this? I don't see how you could bar it, but I also don't see any other way to get 5 down on all those frets. can anyone help? Thanks.
Last edited by bmass at Feb 10, 2008,
use more than one finger
barre the low e and a strings with you second finger, hold the d string with your ring finger, use your index finger for the g string, and pinky for b string.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i think the poor sod has got it upside down its a d9
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Standard Goldtop 50's Neck
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Cherry Sunburst
Line 6 Spider 3 150
Line 6 Pocket POD

Member #23 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
use your thumb as well if that chord is correct.

you do have 5 fingers including the thumb
song stuck in my head today

hahah, that's possible.

if it is a d9 upside down, barre with your ring finger, get that fourth fret with your index and hit the root with your middle
I would play it like this

e|-0-
B|-0-
G|-0-
D|-0-
A|-0-
E|-X-
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
that looks like a chord from that song by colbie caillat called bubbly. i guess he's too manly to say he likes the song but i would have to agree with ONEBLACKENED on how to finger that chord. by the way dude if it is that song its ok to like it.
Quote by highwaysalmon

e|-0-
B|-0-
G|-0-
D|-0-
A|-0-
E|-X-

not gonna lie, that just blew my mind
The notes of the chord are as follows

ADGBE

hmm...

looks alot like

EADGBe

hmm...
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
haha, no, i know that makes perfect sense.
just i didn't see it myself when i was looking at the chord.
then when i saw yours i was like 'pfff... wait a minute....'
Quote by highwaysalmon

e|-0-
B|-0-
G|-0-
D|-0-
A|-0-
E|-X-

ya, that's how i would do it, it's just all open. what a terrible chord
i smite anyone who uses it
Quote by hi,i'm jordan
capo the 4th fret and use your fingers on the 5's

Unfortuneatly there are other components to the song that prevent the use of a capo.

Quote by BluesLP1990
hahah, that's possible.
if it is a d9 upside down, barre with your ring finger, get that fourth fret with your index and hit the root with your middle

It is sorry, and I thought that that would be the most logical way to play it, but I'm not used to barring with my ring finger, so I was hoping there was an easier way to do it. My only trouble with that method is that when I barre with my ring finger it's hard to reachover with my middle finger without muting the d string. Thanks though. I editted the original post so that it's no longer upside down.

Quote by rockisalive
that looks like a chord from that song by colbie caillat called bubbly. i guess he's too manly to say he likes the song but i would have to agree with ONEBLACKENED on how to finger that chord. by the way dude if it is that song its ok to like it.

I was actually looking to play Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson; however most of the tabs I've seen don't include the use of that chord, which is used in the recording from the album "In Between Dreams".

So does anyone know a way to play the D9 easier than the way that BluesLP1990 described? Thanks.
Last edited by bmass at Feb 10, 2008,
i like the way you completely ignored the other posts.
play it all strings open except for the low e string.
Quote by TheCama
you are my bitches. all of you. don't fool yourself. i pwn.
Hi ppl. I'm nubie giutar player. Who can help to find the chords and the way to play them of the song "Funeral of Hearts" by "Him"
ty.
Quote by oneblackened
use more than one finger
barre the low e and a strings with you second finger, hold the d string with your ring finger, use your index finger for the g string, and pinky for b string.

That's how I play it and its definiteley the easiest way, you just have to practice.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Well, ignoring the chord and just playing it open works, but it won't help you get any better at playing that chord shape, which is very common in blues and such.

The easiest way to play it is to barre the G,B,and e strings with your ring finger, hit the D string with your index, and reach over with your middle finger to hit the A string. It takes some practice to get it to sound right, but once you do it sounds very good.

I suppose if your hands are big enough, you could reach over the neck with your thumb and hit the A string with your thumb, or just ignore the root all together, as the chord sounds fine without it.
Quote by rockisalive

Thank you.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.