i am a begginer and I'm using a roland microcube. the microcube has no eq and im having a hard time getting the right sound out of it. would an eq pedal help? I like playing classic rock. If one would help would the danelectro fish n chips be a good choice. thanks for your help.
a new amp would help, try upgrading to a roland cube 60 or 30
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
I would but my current budgets to low to upgrade. Anything useful i could do for less with a pedal. or just save up and buy a better amp.
I'm not sure how much it would help, considering you'd be putting the EQ right after the guitar/before the amp and there's no loop in the Microcube to place the EQ in. So you'd be EQing the guitar signal after which the amp will then add it's color.

I haven't tried it myself, should give it a shot.

If anything, like Nephalimrising said above, the Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ isn't bad at all for the price, and if/when you do upgrade to a better amp later, you can hang onto the EQ and use it on the new amp.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Fish n Chips is as good as most. It may help some, and like Hakael said you can use it later when you upgrade amps.
Quote by Hakael
I'm not sure how much it would help, considering you'd be putting the EQ right after the guitar/before the amp and there's no loop in the Microcube to place the EQ in. So you'd be EQing the guitar signal after which the amp will then add it's color.

I haven't tried it myself, should give it a shot.

If anything, like Nephalimrising said above, the Danelectro Fish & Chips EQ isn't bad at all for the price, and if/when you do upgrade to a better amp later, you can hang onto the EQ and use it on the new amp.

thanks for the help hadn't even thought about there being no loop. Not sure how it would sound but I could run the recording out through the eq then that into a stereo. Anyone know if runing it guitar-eq-amp or through a stereo would help the sound enough to buy one?