what would be a good amplifier for me? I am mainly into thrash metal, so i am looking for something with mean overdrive/distortion. I have a boss MD-2 mega distortion to help that tho, my price range is $550. any suggestions? also if the amp had a good clean tone it would be nice.
thx everyone
A used 5150/6505, new Peavey Valveking 50 watt 112 (mixed opinions on metal worthiness.) Peavey XXL (used.) Peavey Transtube Series solid state.
You might be able to find a used Peavey 5150/6505 for that sort of price, but to be honest I think you'll be very lucky to find a good metal amp for that sort of money.
Look at my sig.

I got mine for $500...Or what uldhppi said. (B-52's are ace, though)
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
^^^ Totally.

Let's throw in the Randall RG50TC too while we're here.

If you're willing to shell out a bit more, go for the Carvin V3 combo. It's ace for pretty much anything. I think the combos run for something like 700-900 smackers.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Id say a B-52 AT-112 would work well. 60w tube should be enuff if u gig, and it can do some good modern tones. That with something like a Bad Monkey or Blues Driver for a boost would be awesome.
I have a crate gt 212. I grabbed it for only $150. Most people hate crate though, but I really like mine. the solo channel has very nice distortion, and it is really simple with only gain, shape and level controls. however, if you crank the shape, you loose some volume.
Quote by hotlunch
I have a crate gt 212. I grabbed it for only $150. Most people hate crate though, but I really like mine. the solo channel has very nice distortion, and it is really simple with only gain, shape and level controls. however, if you crank the shape, you loose some volume.

People don't hate Crates. They just hate the cheaper solid-state ones like the GT series. Plus the GT series amps are way harsh.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
^^^ Totally.

Let's throw in the Randall RG50TC too while we're here.

If you're willing to shell out a bit more, go for the Carvin V3 combo. It's ace for pretty much anything. I think the combos run for something like 700-900 smackers.

thx man, that randall sounds sexy, probably what im gonna buy. audio samples are sick!!
Line 6 Spider 3, they're so sick on insane, bass all the way up, mid down to 3, treble up to 8, no filter for the distortion. Ooh, so sexy.
i have a valveking, and the didstoring for metal is ONLY good with a good high gain distorion pedal, but it kciks major ass if you use the bright switch on the clean channel