I'm obliviously new to UG!. But I've been reading peoples threads and such, and their were a lot about homework threads, so i decided to join and request help!. So i have a religion assignment, and i need help. You have to pick a song, that has a religious meaning, i picked Stairway to heaven, if you have a better song that can help me please tell me. Then i need to find out what religious issue or question that the song is representing. Please help me out class starts in about 2 hours.

-drummer16
Knocking on Heavens door?
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Why don't you just do a freaking hymn?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Oh yeah and Stairway is NOT a religious song. It's just a song.
The God That Failed - Metallica
or anything by Mercy Me or Switchfoot
Quote by kevin14u2nv
heck yeah its gonna be heavy its gonna be in Drop A tuning and the opening line of the CD will be like Worship god

and then the pope just does a freakin brutal breakdown
'Every Grain of Sand' by Bob Dylan, plus its actually a decent song anyway.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Opiate-Tool

Its about how people follow religions blindly and are exploited by preachers.
I'll be your number one with a bullet.
anything from creed
Quote by Deadmen
Wait for them by your door, and when they come.
Jump out with your wiener just hanging there and yell "Surprise!"
They'll never talk to you again, also make shure to helicoptor it a bit.

Memeber #665 of the Ibanez RG owners of the world club
Oh, Sleeper is a christian metal band. Same with As I Lay Dying. So use one of their songs. I think Impending Doom is, too.
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
Jesus Doesnt Want Me For A Sunbeam - Nirvana
God Send Death - Slayer
Knocking on Heavens Door - Guns N' Roses
Quote by RedDeath9
Divinecrossfire...

Epic post. Wish I could say more, but I don't know much about the subconscious and other psychological stuff.
Quote by drummer16
It's a good song, but i need a song that has a "religious issue or question" in the song....thats the part that im ****ing stuck at.
Well, that song does have religious issue. Picture Jesus saying that, which means that He doesn't want all this fake crap, He wants you to be yourself and treat him like you would treat any other friend. That's pretty religious, in a way.
blood and tears by steve vai. it incoorperates readings from buddha and some of the native language, idk wat theyre saying though, im sure u can look it up :-D
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
Quote by drummer16
Yeah, but i need a song with a religious meaning.

http://www.sunsetwestproductions.com/forever/stairway.htm

done.

i'd always assumed it was the opposite and was about a lady who was trying to buy her way into heaven, when the bible says multiple times explicitly that money is meaningless in getting into heaven because "you cannot serve both god and money." whatever.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan

i'd always assumed it was the opposite and was about a lady who was trying to buy her way into heaven, when the bible says multiple times explicitly that money is meaningless in getting into heaven because "you cannot serve both god and money." whatever.

Can you explain it more?
Any song by Akercocke, Belphegor, Deicide, Immolation, or Rotting Christ is pretty suitable.
In the name of God - Dream Theater
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Grondlandic Edit by Of Montreal
Styrofoam Boots/It's All Nice On Ice by Modest Mouse
Ocean Breathes Salty by Modest Mouse
Quote by Flying Couch
"Freewill" - Rush.

Hehe. Probably not what you had in mind.

i wouldn't recommend that. I played it once for my religion class and the teacher was like "Okay.... thanks for wasting time"

But i redeemed myself by playing Entre Nous, and explaining that its about relationships and such
With stairway The"religious issue" how does it relate to key concepts of perception, bias/prejudice, understanding, and world view?