hey im looking for an new amp. i have 400 pounds (550 euro) to spend and i play metal mostly but nice cleans are also needed. i have done a lot of searching on this site but i wanted more advice so i dont make a mistake and waste my money cause it's taken me a while to save (im still in school). i want to stay away from half stacks if at all possible so combo reccomendations only please.

ive looked at these so far:

marshall dsl 401

Randall rg50tc

orange tiny terror.
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Your username... it's amazing.

Yup.
i've heard alot of people say that the valve king isnt great. is this true?
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Yup.
The VKs worth a shot I'd say. All I can add is the tiny terror probably doesn't have the gain you're looking for and the randall isn't known for it's cleans.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
any thoughts on the dsl?
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Yup.
Out of those 3, I'd say go with the DSL.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
Quote by LastCaress88
Out of those 3, I'd say go with the DSL.

i was thinking that myself but will it do metal on it's own?
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Yup.
I, for one, am not a big fan of the valvekings. I find them to be muddy, lacking in the low-end, and generally bland. Then again, many users here have a better opinion of them, and they are widely regarded as "good for the money." Is there any chance you could convert that to American $ for me? I could be more helpful.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
Quote by fumb-duck
i was thinking that myself but will it do metal on it's own?

Depends what metal. The 2000's got a good amount of gain, so I would say you should be set with it, unless want to play death metal or something like that. The 2000's got a good tone, and I really dont think you'll need a pedal to get the gain you want out of it.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know,
Quote by carniferous
I, for one, am not a big fan of the valvekings. I find them to be muddy, lacking in the low-end, and generally bland. Then again, many users here have a better opinion of them, and they are widely regarded as "good for the money." Is there any chance you could convert that to American $ for me? I could be more helpful.

$798.51
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Yup.
Quote by LastCaress88
Depends what metal. The 2000's got a good amount of gain, so I would say you should be set with it, unless want to play death metal or something like that. The 2000's got a good tone, and I really dont think you'll need a pedal to get the gain you want out of it.

well im into lamb of god and children of bodom etc.
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Yup.
i was looking at the dsl too as im in a similar situation to you (also considered the randall), the marshall does look good
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Look into Traynors... I think they have some models between $750 and 800 that would suit your needs.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
Quote by carniferous
Look into Traynors... I think they have some models between $750 and 800 that would suit your needs.

+1. Possibbly a Randall RG50TC.
Quote by carniferous

i live in ireland so i can only buy from uk retailers and im not sure if any stock traynors
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Yup.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
+1. Possibbly a Randall RG50TC.

+1 on the Randall Rg50TC
Gear:

Fractal Axe FX
VHT 2/50/2
Orange 4x12
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

Ibanez RGA 121 w/ Crunchlab and Liquifire
Music Man John Petrucci Mystic Dream
ERG Custom Guitar
ok thanks ill check it out

any more thoughts on the dsl?
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Yup.
it's probably between the marshall and the randall unless you go second hand. it's ages since i've tried the marshall, so i really wouldn't want to say which is better...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Marshall all the way!
2006 Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 10 Top w/birds
1999 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 10 Top w/ birds
Marshall JCM900 Half Stack
Jimi Hendrix Experience Pedal
Tech21 SansAmp GT2
Boss RC-2, AC-2, FZ-3, TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
BBE Sonic Maximizer
well, it probably helps the company in question, but yeah, agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i haven't tried the thunder!

are there any kochs in that price range?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?