if you're really cheap/lazy you could maybe try raising the action, and with any luck you might be able to get the pickup out without taking the strings off?

I'd just take all the strings off, though, most likely. Jam something underneath the trem so it stays balanced...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
loosen the strings at the tuners and take the trem out with the strings attached to it and the tuners still. After you install the pick up put the trem back in and wind the strings tight again.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
ah, that's also a good idea.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
loosen the 2 spring claw screws in the back of the guitar about 1/4 inch out. pull the tremelo arm up, so you're raising the pitch of the strings. un-hook the springs from the claw. carfully remove the entire floyd rose bridge from its cavity route. voi la, you have access to the pickups. it can be a little awkward to work this way, cuz you'll have the floyd rose bridge swinging around by the locked strings at the nut. but you should have a descent work bench to begin with. but if those 2 brands are interchangable, then its easy.
Quote by TheNoga
Ah, awesome, thanks seth. I actually did that on one of my old guitars and forgot how hah. So that doesn't require any loosening of strings or anything?

shouldn't have to loosen strings. they're still locked in at the nut in this method. maybe you really don't need to loosen the claw-screws. but it just makes it a little easer to get the springs hooked on when you're putting it all back together
Don't Loosen The Screws. Seriously Don't Do It. I'll Ellaborate Later But For The Love Of God Don't!
Ok, so you have a Floyd Rose, the hardest bridge in the world to set up besides the Golden Gate.

I've done a ton of set ups on Floyds, and if you screw with the springs it's gonna take you at LEAST a half hour to fix it if you're not experienced. Equally likely is that you'll only get it sort of set up and end up struggling to get it to stay in tune, with your fine tuners plugged all the way in or out with no place to go. Raising your action won't work because there isn't enough room (or, at least, it's a tight squeeze). You'll probably scratch the guitar even if you can jam it in there.

Here's what I do: get a thin but sturdy cloth (to protect the guitar) and a thin steel ruler (that won't bend much). Put the cloth on the body and use the ruler to hold the the bridge at its current height. Unlock the nut and loosen the strings as much as you can and you should be able to fit the new pickup in.

If your strings are kinda old you might want to just replace them, but you'll need to stretch them properly. Take a look at JemSite's info on set ups. I find it to be the best online.

Edit: Lol, I suck at posting. Seems like it worked out anyway. Good job!
Quote by bullets34
Don't Loosen The Screws. Seriously Don't Do It. I'll Ellaborate Later But For The Love Of God Don't!

oh c'mon, its not THAT big a deal. ya loosen the screws (and the strings) so its easier to take them off (and take out the tremolo unit) and put them back on afterwards. then you just screw them back in to where the point at where they were.

but anyway, you'd place the metal piece under the bridge's locking screws? that makes sense.
Yeah it isn't that big of a deal for someone who knows how to set it up. I just didn't want him to go yank his bridge out.

Also I can't tell if your last comment is sarcastic or not. It's not like you're grinding the two together so I don't see the problem. People will use a 9 volt battery in a pinch and it has no lasting effects either.