I'm currently saving up for another guitar, and I need some suggestions. I was gonna get another Gibson SG, but I've been thinking I want something with a trem on it. I want something that isn't expensive (under $800), but has a decent trem on it. And, I don't want something that is made for metal, as I play a variety of stuff, like Muse, RATM, RHCP, Metallica, AC/DC, GnR, and it goes on...

I want that RG/Strat/Dinky body shape, nothing else. I need it to have two tone knobs on it, one volume is just fine. HH or HSH will be fine.

Can anyone give me some suggestions that will fit my needs? Remember, I want a floating trem on it.
Ibanez S470. That guitar sounds like it was made for you. The trem is unbelievable.
Ibanez RG Series
/thread
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
Quote by redwing91007
Ibanez RG Series
/thread

I've heard they have crappy trems, though? And have pickups mainly for metal? Just what I've heard... I played one and didn't like it that much, and it only had one tone, which won't work for me.

I'll go look at the S470.
how bout a Fat strat or HH strat?
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by seizetheday1103
how bout a Fat strat or HH strat?

yeah u can buy a mexican made strat for like $500 and they play nice they and they look nice
Quote by therealtater
yeah u can buy a mexican made strat for like $500 and they play nice they and they look nice

I love the feel of strats, but the sound of them doesn't work for me, and I'm not willing to buy new pickups. And, the purpose of getting a new guitar for me is to get one with a floating trem on it.

The S470 looks nice, but I really need to be able to control the tone for my bridge and neck pickups.
I found this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-JS1000-2002-Electric-Guitar?sku=519439

It looks like it'd be great for me, but does Ibanez make a cheaper version of it?
in all fairness, i've heard bad things about the cheaper satriani models.

a lot of guitars these days have a master tone knob - if you can live without the independent tone pots, then id say go for the s470
Quote by haz_uk
in all fairness, i've heard bad things about the cheaper satriani models.

a lot of guitars these days have a master tone knob - if you can live without the independent tone pots, then id say go for the s470

Could I get another tone pot installed without spending a fortune? I will be adding a killswitch to whatever I buy, I might as well add a tone pot as well, then.
Quote by AngelOfHatred
I found this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-JS1000-2002-Electric-Guitar?sku=519439

It looks like it'd be great for me, but does Ibanez make a cheaper version of it?

would this one work? http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-JS100-Joe-Satriani-Model-Electric-Guitar?sku=519400
Gear:
2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded (Honeyburst)
Marshall AVT50X
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Signature Crybaby Wah
Quote by H-D

That has one tone pot, while the more expensive one had two... so I guess it doesn't. If I'm going to be installing another tone pot after I buy it, I'll get something I like a bit better.
you should just go to your local music store and look around. It will be better than asking a bunch of random people on the internet. Then you also get to see if you like the feel of each guitar. You'll make your decision a lot faster that way.
Gear:
Marshall AVT50X
Save up for the JS1000 it's worth the price tag. Look on ebay for one or something, those are the best playing guitars ever.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by H-D
you should just go to your local music store and look around. It will be better than asking a bunch of random people on the internet. Then you also get to see if you like the feel of each guitar. You'll make your decision a lot faster that way.

The only guitar in the stores here that has a trem is some Ibanez RG.... its a 350EX I think, and I didn't like it. The stores here sell more beginner guitars. You have to order in something if it's more expensive.

I was asking to see if anyone knows of any guitars that would fit what I'm looking for.

I would save for the one I posted, but it would take forever, as I don't have a job, and I don't have time for one. I need something cheaper, who's trem won't break after a while.
Since you live in Ontario isnt there any long and mcquade near your house? Thats where i go and they have tons of stuff anywhere from squires to custom shop Gibsons. If you havnt been there you should check it out.
Gear:
Marshall AVT50X
Quote by H-D
Since you live in Ontario isnt there any long and mcquade near your house? Thats where i go and they have tons of stuff anywhere from squires to custom shop Gibsons. If you havnt been there you should check it out.

I live in Owen Sound, and there's only two stores. One sells everything, but you need to order in expensive stuff. They also overprice things a lot. The other sells replicas of Fenders and Gibsons. I have no idea where the nearest Long and Mcquade would be.

When I buy stuff (big purchases), I buy it from my Uncle's music store, which is in Niagra Falls. He'll sell it to me for what he buys it for.
I have a question. If I have a wah, and I just leave it all the way back, would it be like having my tone knob off? If that works, I could just use my wah instead of needing individual tone pots...
Quote by AngelOfHatred
I have a question. If I have a wah, and I just leave it all the way back, would it be like having my tone knob off? If that works, I could just use my wah instead of needing individual tone pots...

It's on the third page... might as well bump this. Can someone answer that, please?

Also, has anyone tried out this guitar before: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S320-S-Series-Electric-Guitar?sku=512503

How is it for the money? I like the finish on it, and it has the ZR trem, which I hear is good.
if your price range was higher, I would say go for a Carvin.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by Sendrith
if your price range was higher, I would say go for a Carvin.

Wouldn't I have to order it and ship it overseas? Or is it a North American brand?

But yeah, I'm not really into the idea of saving up for a year or so to get a new guitar. I'll need a guitar with a trem by June at the latest, and without a job, it'll be hard to get over a grand by then.