Anyone hear about the game 'Guitar Rising' (aka Guitar Hero with a real guitar)? It's coming out late 2008. Anyone know of any similar games that are available now?

I needs now!

I wonder if it comes it a guitar... the first thing that came up on Google showed it being played with a Les Paul, Flying V, and a Telecaster
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
that should be...interesting. Id expect it to be much more difficult than Guitar Hero, as well as many times more complicated. Itll be interesting to see what songs are on it.
Let's see you 5 star DragonForce now
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by PlayMadness

LOL... dude i love you
Thats sick. You plug any real guitar into the game and play with it.
theres also going to be so many guitar posers now...
Guitar Rising looks awesome. I think I'll buy it, just to see what it's like. I wonder if you can do bends and stuff like that.

I hate Guitar Hero. My sig suggests toleration as long as people understand the difference, but the truth is that I'm a purist Guitar Zero hater.
I think it will be much better than guitar hero. It will also be a great way for newer players to 'get into' the whole guitar thing, giving them incentives, which I know alot of newer players lack.

I'd have thought that you would be able to do bends, since it uses the output of your electric guitar.
Would the quality of the input depend on your sound card though?
Unless you plug the guitar in via usb, which I think will be my preferred method (purely because the usb ports are at the front of my computer, but the sound card ports are at the back).

Should be great.
Hopefully on the box though it says that you need a real guitar to play it - I can imagine loads of people buying it not realising that.
I don't think it will be worth buying. If you want to get better at guitar, play guitar. Not to mention, it looks complicated as f*ck and is probably no fun to play.
Quote by PlayMadness

lol!

Sounds cool. I'd definitely get it, sounds like it could help you learn to play.
Quote by CowboyUp
I don't think it will be worth buying. If you want to get better at guitar, play guitar. Not to mention, it looks complicated as f*ck and is probably no fun to play.

So this game is not like... playing the guitar? D'oh... :P

And about that complicated part, I don't think reading tabs is complicated.