alright so i was just looking at the gibson v's on musiciansfriend and realized this flying v
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Flying-V-Electric-Guitar?sku=517330
is more expensive than this flying v
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Faded-Flying-V-?sku=517336
even though it has the same wood, pickups, bridge, pickup switch, and neck. so is the first one more expensive because of the finish only?
that, and the care in the assembly and such. just better craftsmanship involved in the construction. i however, own the 2nd one and i have no real gripes with it.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Yea. Faded ones are really only about half-finished, as they have little to know lacquer on em, and a normal finished one has alot of lacquer, 30+ coats maybe.
Quote by Nike-Man
Get a Les Paul custom. Flying Vs are 4 tools

i ought to report you.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by qotsa1998
Yea. Faded ones are really only about half-finished, as they have little to know lacquer on em, and a normal finished one has alot of lacquer, 30+ coats maybe.

i dont really care about the finish because they both look really nice, so really its the same guitar except one has 30+ layers of coats? if so then i will definitly go with the faded, unless the finish effects the tone dramatically
Actually, some people, such as Eric Johnson, feel that the extra paint and lacquer affect the tone negatively. They opt for as little lacquer as possible, in hope of getting a more "woody" tone.
i think the faded one would be sick, has that raw feel to it.
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by rancidryan
ones in the sale dip****

i know, but i am just gonna get the thing off of ebay, they go for like $400-$600, i just used those as examples