4:30 EST

Lechler better represent.
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I

The Sky Is The Limit
cant believe brady and moss dropped out....prolly still off cryin on each others shoulders.
i have to work, so i wont be able to watch any of it. im not all that upset really. i never cared about the pro bowl all that much. its fun to watch, but i dont get upset if i have to miss it.
Quote by shinedown98
cant believe brady and moss dropped out....prolly still off cryin on each others shoulders.

They did?! YAY! I can root for the AFC now!
Quote by Metallica rulz
Who cares... its the pro bowl. What the hell is the point of having "all star game" if the best players on the winning teams are not going to be there.

Well in baseball, the winner of the Allstar game (AL or NL) get homefield advantage in the world series. As for football, I don't get the point.
money. whoever makes it to the pro bowl gets a raise in salary or a bonus i believe. which is why it's so silly to have fans voting on it. obviously the small market teams will, in the parlance of our times, get jewed everytime.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
money. whoever makes it to the pro bowl gets a raise in salary i believe.

Is that just a clause in some players contracts?

I know thats the case with Larry Fitzgerald, but dont know about anyone else.
Quote by steee21
Is that just a clause in some players contracts?

I know thats the case with Larry Fitzgerald, but dont know about anyone else.

well i just made a tiny edit. not necessarily a raise in salary, usually just a bonus. like i looked it up and julius peppers got a $3 million bonus for making his third straight pro bowl.
#DTWD
i know the players get paid for being in the game. winning team gets one amount and losing team gets another. i forget exactly how much it is.

a lot of players have a contract clause that says they get some sort of bonus for making it.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Well in baseball, the winner of the Allstar game (AL or NL) get homefield advantage in the world series. As for football, I don't get the point.

The All star game for baseball is way better. For the simple fact that it is done in the middle of the season, and the best players are almost always there.(almost) Pro bowl is just kinda... a pussed out version of an exhibition game.
Quote by Metallica rulz
The All star game for baseball is way better. For the simple fact that it is done in the middle of the season, and the best players are almost always there.(almost) Pro bowl is just kinda... a pussed out version of an exhibition game.

That's another thing. The baseball players are playing as if it is the middle of the seaon (because it is). NFL players don't care since the season is over.
Quote by primusfan
money. whoever makes it to the pro bowl gets a raise in salary or a bonus i believe. which is why it's so silly to have fans voting on it. obviously the small market teams will, in the parlance of our times, get jewed everytime.

Well the coaches and players vote too so yeah...

Well here's to the NFC winning
you know, i was just thinking. this may be one of the best games of the year. just for the fact that it DOES mean nothing at all. it's just the best of the best playing and having a good time. it's what football should be about. it breaks down team barriers. i'm excited to see manning play for once. it's just fun to watch.
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
you know, i was just thinking. this may be one of the best games of the year. just for the fact that it DOES mean nothing at all. it's just the best of the best playing and having a good time. it's what football should be about. it breaks down team barriers. i'm excited to see manning play. it's just fun to watch.

I watch college football to see kids have a good time, I watch NFL to see my team win.

"A" for the sportsmanship, though, lol.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
I watch college football to see kids have a good time, I watch NFL to see my team win.

why can't it be both though? even if it is just one game? it's good for them to not lose focus of why they love the game. any football is fun football.
#DTWD
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's another thing. The baseball players are playing as if it is the middle of the seaon (because it is). NFL players don't care since the season is over.

+1

Another thing is that no one wants to get hurt in a meaningless game. That's one of the reasons that most players in any all star/pro bowl game don't show up.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served