What order should I learn scales? I know all the major chords, as well as minors and barre chords, and I'm going to learn scales now.

But what order should I learn them? Should I learn the majors (A, B, C, D, E, F, and G), or should I go from A-G, learning all the different ones in each letter?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Just learn the shapes, like the major shape, and then learn the notes of the fret board
Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
Learn C maj - no sharps or flats. Then you can take that pattern and move it up or done for all the other keys. The pattern for all major/minor/pentatonic scales are the same for each key. You just change the root (starting) note on the same string.
I always recommend learning Minor Pentatonic and the Minor Scale and Harmonic Minor in Emin and Amin because you'll find it is the most usable(and fun) in rock...and always helpful when you're jammin' out.

And if you're just starting out, learn the Major scale inside and out. Learn the patterns, learn the notes you're playing, learn the theory(as in step motion, W,W,H,W,W,W,H) in relation to what you are playing. If you do it this way(the hard way), you'll have an amazing command of scales in whatever key you want to play! Just saying cause I wish someone had told me that when I started playing.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination