I have a Jackson DKMG and ive really gotten sick of the EMGs (85/81), they are extremley muddy on the lower notes and are extremley sterile. I play mostly Marty Friedman Megadeth stuff on it so i want it to have good tonality. it has an alder body with a carved top so i think it would be best to switch to passive. ive heard that this is a bitch to do because you have to remove the pots and **** like that. Ill probably have someone do it for me which will cost a ****load of money. how much do you think it would cost? also Im thinking about Putting the Jb/Jazz set in it because i have a JB in my epiphone and it sounds great for metal. But i might want something a little heavier than a JB whats something tahts a step up from that?

Ineveitible question: why didnt you get the Jackson DK2M

Answer: at the time i wasnt in to megadeth and the DKMG seemed more metal, also the neck was much smoother and faster, the intonation was better, and it just had overall better build quality.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
It depends where you get it done. Besides the cost of the pickups you're probably looking at an upwards of 70 bucks to have them installed.
maybe duncans blackouts?
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
If you want to sell your EMG's I'll buy em from you. PM me for details I guess.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio