Hello,
I just woke up today and picked up my guitar and noticed that when i touched it i heard crackling (like wood crackling) and it just felt and looked different. I can't really describe how it felt and looked but it was just different. Mostly in the neck of it.
Than I picked up my bass and other guitar and the same thing happened.

Does this have to do something with the weather? Or the moisture?

I really don't want anything to happen to them! I love them all

Could somebody please help me and tell me how I could prevent this from happening?

EDIT: Ok now my guitar looks like its fine at the top of the neck but it curves at the buttom.
Heres what its like:
TOP OF NECK---------------------------_______STRINGS

why is it doing this!

Thank you!,
- hotfoot982
Last edited by hotfoot982 at Feb 11, 2008,
i think it definetly has somethin to do with the weather. if you keep your guitars in a cool place then the wood may warp a little bit. observe your guitar really carefully to check and see if it is warped, if this is the case then you can most likely get that fixed if its not too bad.
I broke my G string
well what the hell happened?

did you leave your window open and the temperature dropped 50 degrees or something
Ok well my heat is usually on in the 60-70 F range.
I live in New Jersey.
Idk what to say...but know I didn't leave my window open.

Any other comments?

Thanks,
- hotfoot982
you got to keep constant moisture observation in your room. even if your room is warm, once you open the window or the door per se, that mixture of temperature will have a great effect on your guitar. i'm an acoustic guitar freak. so the keeping temperature controlled is very important. i've seen fretboards crack because a lot of beginners tend to not oil them up. you can use lemon oil polish for this.
Equipments:
Fender American Telecaster N7
Yamaha CG150
Line 6 Tonecore Echopark
Behringer VAMP 2.0

"There's only two colors around the world. That's pink and green. Making love and making money." - Blacks20
Yeah this is a temperature change problem. Going from warm to cold or cold to warm fast, and your cracking the wood of your instruments. All I can say, is that your ****ed.
what about lemon oil with beeswax?
i need to clean my fretboard but the whole beeswax thing is making me caucious because of the abalone inlays
Ok now my guitar looks like its fine at the top of the neck but it curves at the buttom.
Heres what its like:
TOP OF NECK---------------------------_______STRINGS

why is it doing this!
i dont know what your problem is.

My basement is incredily cold (where i store my guitars) and i can bring them outside and nothing ever happens to them.