Ok, so I can read tab for the most part, but there's a few things that continue to confuse me. For example, when the slide seems to come out of no where such as
|----10-13-12-10-13-10-12-10-------------------------------------|
|-10-------------------------------/10-9-8-----------------------------|
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
(Taken from the Godfather Theme tabbed on this site)
Near the end the slide just seems to come out of nowhere, so where do I slide from?

From the same thing the 12 here are another example of what I don't understand.
|-----------/-----------------6-9-9----------------------------------------|
|----6-10-10-----/8---------------13-11-10-13-11-10-10-----------|
|-/7-------------------------------------10--------------------------------|
|----------------------------------/12---------------------------11-12---|
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|

There was some other songs tabbed that use something similar, but I can't think of any of them off the top of my head right now.

Also, the br is something I don't get here, what does that mean and how would one manage to do it?
br br br br
|------------------------/\--------/\-------------/\--------------------------------|
|-15---14-15-18--15-14---15-(15)--------14-(14)---/\---14-(14)----------|
|---------------------------------------------------------14-(14)--------14-------|
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Sorry about that wall of text up there, but any help would be appreciated .
you slide into it, like just slide up from a couple of frets down from the note you want to play
Quote by closertofreewil
I officially hate you SBLAKELELY.

PSN ID: blakerz92
add me
well,if there's no number before the slide,it means that you slide from "nowhere"- or any fret,and br means bend release,you just bend,and then release,hence the name - bend release
Tabs seem a bit messed up but that's probably just the formatting of forums. Anyway, if I'm understanding correctly, you want to know what to do if it's like --/12-- etc.? That just means you slide from the lower frets into the 12th. It really doesn't matter exactly where you start the slide, it matters where you end up Just slide from a few frets down into the 12th or wherever you feel necessary.

About the "br," I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but I would assume you're talking about bends and releasing bends? b = bend, r = release. It's just telling you when to bend and when to release the bend (aka when to let it back to the original note). I guess that's what you're asking
Ahh, I get it now, alright, thanks a lot everyone, I appreciate it!