Dammit, Life is like a freaking boob job, too damn expensive. Yesterday I went to my local used music store, and say this beautiful Fender strat, with a maple fretboard, locking tuners, tex mexes, and lympic white finish. The guitar was made in 1988. It aged fine, the color was just way I always want a white strat to be. Vintage-esque. I plugged it in. Started playing. It was a dream. I asked the store owner fromthe tremolo arm, he handed it to me. I put it in, and It was amazing. But then I asked its price, It was a grand.

I noticed that there were some paint chips. It was a used store so I knew that the chips were normal. The guy said he would give it to me for 9 bills including the case and a couple of strings of my choice. But damn...Still can't afford it. Now I went back today, and the guitar is gone. Turns out the guy sold it for 700, because the guy who bought it also bought an amp and everything.

That is my little story of disappointment
I know man, It had such a good feel to it. I guess I'm gonna have to buy the MIM standard and mod it.
that's the way to go. I don't really have too many complaints about my MIM strat, other than the harshness of the bridge pickup. but that is fixed easily by turning the treble down to about 4 on my amp.

I'm going to mod it eventually, after I get another Strat to play while the MIM is under repair
i´m sorry for you! i got a 1985 olympic white one and i know how it is aged and how it plays!

i got mine for 500$, strange it was 1000$!

you´ll find another one!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
that's really annoying.

hopefully another will come up... 1000 is quite a lot. i know here in the UK MIJ tokais (even the sought-after early 80s ones) can go for around £200-£400 ($400-$800) so with any luck, one you can afford should come up sooner or later.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah I was talking to Ecisthebest about Japanese strats, I didn't have much experience with them. But the strat felt amazing. Well anyways, I guess its all good. Now I will have some money left. That means I will be able to get the traynor faster.

Oh well, I guess things like this happen all the time. Last time I found a guitar that felt like a part of me was almost 2 grands with tax.
yeah, luck plays a part... kind of annoying, but what can you do? you can't be checking out every music store every day of the week...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
haha and theres my name in this thread too.

i like my CIJ strat. it plays awesome. and it looks awesome too. and it was $460ish. haha.

go to japan bro. u'll find lots of good strats and other copies.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^didn´t you have a MIM strat before?
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, luck plays a part... kind of annoying, but what can you do? you can't be checking out every music store every day of the week...

Or can I? I have a bunch of stores near me, I probably could go to each one every day of the month. Two of them are rpetty close to my friends' houses. And there's one right next to my house.

But its pretty absurd.

Quote by ECistheBest
haha and theres my name in this thread too.

i like my CIJ strat. it plays awesome. and it looks awesome too. and it was $460ish. haha.

go to japan bro. u'll find lots of good strats and other copies.

haha, it will cost me about a grand and then a couple hundred dollars if I wanna go to Japan, buy the guitar, and then come back.

I'll still keep looking. I see one or two on Ebay every day, but Don't trust Ebay with guitars. I like to try them before buying.

Ec, did you post pics of you CIJ strat?
^ haha, yeah.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by sum_ugly_man
Or can I? I have a bunch of stores near me, I probably could go to each one every day of the month. Two of them are rpetty close to my friends' houses. And there's one right next to my house.

But its pretty absurd.

haha, it will cost me about a grand and then a couple hundred dollars if I wanna go to Japan, buy the guitar, and then come back.

I'll still keep looking. I see one or two on Ebay every day, but Don't trust Ebay with guitars. I like to try them before buying.

Ec, did you post pics of you CIJ strat?

yes its on my profile. i'm actually taking in some suggestions for the name.
Quote by Ferrarone
^didn´t you have a MIM strat before?

yea. i have two now. but the MIM strat isn't really MIM. it's AIA. assembled in america.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
yes its on my profile. i'm actually taking in some suggestions for the name.

yea. i have two now. but the MIM strat isn't really MIM. it's AIA. assembled in america.

True that man, I used to think that MIMs were bad guitars. But basically MIMs are made my Mexican folks in Mexico, And the MIAs are made by Mexican folks in America. And Some parts on the MIMs are made in The States
^i was referring to my strat. it's not MIM anymore because i assembled from different parts from all over the world here in america.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^i was referring to my strat. it's not MIM anymore because i assembled from different parts from all over the world here in america.

I see, That is pretty much what I'm planning on doing. Ec, Is there a difference between Tex mex and Texas special pickups?
Interesting it was $1G. I paid about $600 for a white MIJ Strat with maple fretboard brand new in 1989. Like a dumbf**k, I sold it a couple of years later for $300.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by sum_ugly_man
I see, That is pretty much what I'm planning on doing. Ec, Is there a difference between Tex mex and Texas special pickups?

i think so. i'm not sure what they are as i've only tried the tex mex ones, but i think they're different. the tex mex are the more "budget" versions, i think. but that could be wrong.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i think so. i'm not sure what they are as i've only tried the tex mex ones, but i think they're different. the tex mex are the more "budget" versions, i think. but that could be wrong.

Because of the "mex" eh? I Think that too, But not sure.
not really anything to do with the "mex", but yeah, i guess there could be that too. i just thought they were on cheaper models...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?