Hey everyone, I just had a few questions I'd like cleared up, if possible.

Recently, I bought a Vox AD50VT, and while the built in effects are nice, I don't really use any of them as much as I thought I would. So I am thinking about purchasing a small tube amp, specifically the Blackheart, since it would be simpler and give a better tone. So my questions are:

1) How would the volume compare to the amp I am using now? I don't need much, just enough to jam with friends and such.

2) What are the differences between the combo and head/cab, and are there pros/cons to either?

Also, other amp suggestions are welcome. My style is blues, rock, and just a little metal, and my budget is about 300 USD.

Thanks!
I don't think any of the smaller tube amps sound as good as the Vox valvetronix series. Those are the best practice amps there are in my opinion. A lot of the smaller tube amps just sound like crap to me. Especially if you are playing anything wtih gain in it. I'd keep it. Maybe go for a bigger tube amp.
You could get a Palomino V16 for like $30 more than the Blackheart, and that'd be more than enough for jamming.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
You could get a Palomino V16 for like $30 more than the Blackheart, and that'd be more than enough for jamming.

I've heard a lot of good things about them, so that's definitely an option. How loud would it get? Not that I need much volume, just wondering.
I say get a V16 Palomino. Great sounding amp, and 15w tube is enuff to jam with.
ive never heard a 15watt that had killer tone. Especially if you play anything with gain in it. Solid state sounds better in the smaller wattage range I think. Especially that vox he's got. Valvetronix vox is hybrid and it sounds great.
a 5 watt tube amp cranked will be plenty loud for practicing, especially if you arent with a drummer. a 15 watt tube amp will most likely be just as loud as the vox, and will also sound better at higher volumes.
Quote by mooselord
Hey everyone, I just had a few questions I'd like cleared up, if possible.

Recently, I bought a Vox AD50VT, and while the built in effects are nice, I don't really use any of them as much as I thought I would. So I am thinking about purchasing a small tube amp, specifically the Blackheart, since it would be simpler and give a better tone. So my questions are:

1) How would the volume compare to the amp I am using now? I don't need much, just enough to jam with friends and such.

2) What are the differences between the combo and head/cab, and are there pros/cons to either?

Also, other amp suggestions are welcome. My style is blues, rock, and just a little metal, and my budget is about 300 USD.

Thanks!

I was gonna get a blackheart half stack 5W one, but decided to wait for the 15W one.

2) the diference between a combo and a head/cab is that a combo is like having the head and cabinet together (sorry if this is wrong, but that's what I read in the forums)
Oh and also Palomino v16 combos are really good too, but I decided to still wait for the 15W blackheart halfstack.