So i recently got a Carvin V3 head, and i run the distortion close to max. It sounds good when i play things such as power chords, but when i play individual notes (mostly on low strings) it sounds too distorted. I was wandering if I got a noise suppressor would it cut some of that unwanted gain out.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Quote by Nike-Man
I don't think so. Try a boss metal zone pedal

that is, quite possibly the 2nd dumbest thing ive heard this week, 2nd to duct tape on your tubes.

Try EQing it a little differnet, and turning down the gain a tad.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by Nike-Man

No.

Try lowering the gain/cutting the bass
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Maggot3000
So i recently got a Carvin V3 head, and i run the distortion close to max. It sounds good when i play things such as power chords, but when i play individual notes (mostly on low strings) it sounds too distorted. I was wandering if I got a noise suppressor would it cut some of that unwanted gain out.

Lower the volume or switch to lower gain channel?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
What you need is a rocktron Hush pedal in the effects loop. It cuts out the unwanted feedback which is probably what you meant... not unwanted gain.
Quote by Nike-Man

Noooo. If it were summer, I would go to a beehive and put some bees in a can for you, then you could mic the can and get the same sound!
Current Rig:
Splawn Quickrod
Marshall 1960BX
Electrics:
Les Paul with Dirty Fingers
Kramer
Acoustics:
Hohner
Ibanez
Pedals:
Isp Decimator
Cry Baby Wah
MXR MX108 10 Band EQ.
BBE Green Screamer
Quote by Maggot3000

How does the Carvin sound? Are ya impressed with it? I was thinking about getting one due to the amount of features and the 3 channels. Is it possible for you to record any sound clips?

and to stay on topic +1 to the Rocktron Hush
Originally Posted by apocalypse13
What, does singing "Moderfukin death, Sat@n is t3h 1337!!" make you feel tough?

Gear:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser (EMG 81/85)
Framus Dragon Head
Orange PPC2x12 cab