when I practice sweep picking with distortion on, the notes don't came out clear.
it sounds a little like mush. thsi happens when I use pull offs sometimes too.
Am I doing somthing wrong?
Maybe you hit some strings accidently.. happened to me, too, when i was new at sweep picking :P
Quote by _-=Ali C=-_
i do it a lot. ill be playin somethin and i forget to close my mouth... sometimes its really bad, slobber everywhere. i goes mostly over the neck, on the higher frets, and its really hard to get out from under the strings.
practice it without distortion, and if they come out clear then its the distortion. if they dont its your technique. seeing as it happens with pull offs too, i think its probably your technique.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Practice it without distortion first. Start of slowly, obviously then work your way up to your satisfied speed. If you can't hear the "noisyness" without distortion but can with it on, then it's your distortion. Not your playing
Fender American Deluxe SSS Stratocaster (2004)
Peavey Classic 50
Boss DS-1, BD-2
Jim Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah
Ive tried with without distortion before. I get the open string notes.
Your problem may be that you're pulling off onto the open string after you release the note in the sweep. When you take your finger of the string, make sure its stopped ringing beforehand. Just your average staccato technique, nothing technical.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1