I want a Tom DeLonge strat but know they aren't made new anymore. So instead of looking for a used one I figured I could build one with new parts instead. So Im asking if this would work. I think I have all the necessary parts I need, I just need them to be installed.

Toms Real Guitar - Toms Guitar

My Stuff:
Guitar - Arctic White with Rosewood Fretboard

Pickup - Seymour Duncan Invader Bridge Pickup

Pickguard - Pearloid Pickguard

Volume Knob - Chrome Volume Knob

That should about do it. Just have these installed and it should roughly be about the same. Any info is appreciated, thanks.
the tom delonge strat on the link has a white pickguard and you have a perloid one on there, mistake or making it look better ? lol
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Looked up the specs its a Seymour Duncan Invader Humbucker.
Quote by admbwr
the tom delonge strat on the link has a white pickguard and you have a perloid one on there, mistake or making it look better ? lol

Couldnt find any other pickguards that had the 1 knob volume control on it. Plus like you said I think the pearloid looks cooler.
OK first of all this is his first signature guitar.. and it's total CRAP. The invader is probably the worst SD pickup you can buy.

On the other hand, Tom's second signature guitar is actually a really nice instrument. The dirty fingers pickup is really good for punk-style guitar playing.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
True, but it ruins the purpose of the ES-335. For jazz and bluesy stuff, but i am a big fan of tom myself......

Fender Telecaster w/ GFS Lil' Killer
Jet City Pico Valve

Quote by Chaos-Serenade

The fretboard is dry because it is more than likely made in China.

I wonder how he came to this conclusion.
Lyrics
Inside the back
Walk with me
Reign, Rain

Call me Drew
Quote by OctoberWind
True, but it ruins the purpose of the ES-335. For jazz and bluesy stuff, but i am a big fan of tom myself......

Here's an idea: put the dirty fingers in the strat. You can get the tone without a new guitar.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
whats the diffrence between the dirty fingers and the invader? and i have a mexican strat but i need to cut the single coil bridge to stick in a humbucker how do i do this?
try getting your pickguard from warmoth - you can order a strat style pickguard in any color you want (meaning you can get the pure white) and decide what routs you want. i just checked, you can get one with just a bridge HB rout, and no control routing, and drill the hole for the volume knob wherever you want it.
Unless you're really interested in the look of the DeLonge strat, i'd suggest just dropping a humbucker in the bridge position of your strat and leaving the neck and middle pups in the guitar. It'll get you the tone you're looking for, plus maintain the versatility afforded by having a neck and middle pickup.