Quote by acdcrocks0323
Yeah, the TSL is not worth it. Just an extra channel of mud. Neither are that good but out of those two get the DSL.

Really? Had a good review on here . Perhaps a better alternative?
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Last edited by USCENDONE BENE at Feb 10, 2008,
what type of music do you play and what's your budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Both will sound different since the TSL uses EL-34s and the DSL uses EL-84s. A lot of people end up not liking their 401s and trade them in for the DSL50 head or the 601. I'd probably rather have the 601 as I really don't like EL-84s.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Personally i played the TSl combo today at gc and played w. the EQ...hated it...then i played the DSL 100 Half stack..infinately better my new fav amp.
you can get a dsl for £389??

damn, its like $1100 where i am.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
In my opinion, the DSL's sound ALOT better than the TSLs. Marshall tends to make their best amps really simple, the more complex Marshall it is, alot of them tend to not sound as good.

Plus the TSL's only got a crunch channel over the DSL, and I dont really think you need it. It's mainly for playing live, because you can have a crunch channel with the push of a button on the footswitch. You can dial in crunch on the DSL, you just cant have clean, crunch, and lead on 1 footswitch with it.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I Wanna know what you meant
Quote by MatrixClaw
Both will sound different since the TSL uses EL-34s and the DSL uses EL-84s. A lot of people end up not liking their 401s and trade them in for the DSL50 head or the 601. I'd probably rather have the 601 as I really don't like EL-84s.

Well I'll be damned. I was going to post and bitch you out for saying that that amp has EL84's, but I checked the Marshall site and was I ever surprised.

Guess you DO learn something new every day.

to you MatrixClaw

But TS, since you're in England, it would be worthwhile to check out Laney amps. Very well-liked here, and inexpensive in England.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by Sendrith
Well I'll be damned. I was going to post and bitch you out for saying that that amp has EL84's, but I checked the Marshall site and was I ever surprised.

Guess you DO learn something new every day.

to you MatrixClaw

Yeah, I'll also recommend Laney as well, great amps. You might want to take a look at Orange as well as a lot of people will tell you they're more "Marshall sounding" than the current Marshalls that are out, but I'm not sure how much they are there so they might be over your budget
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
TSL has an extra channel and a more headroom. TSL is an awesome amp.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Budget = £300-600
Currently playing: Marshall MG ''15MSII hunka' sh*t'' as i believe it's called
Playing styles: anything from something like Green Day to Metallica/Maiden

I have looked at the Laney LC30II but im not sure if it has the gain of the Marshalls i suggested :/ however i would be willing to buy it as i need something of that price that i can gig with

hmmm, more of a mixed response over the marshalls than i hoped, but its expected really...
Last edited by USCENDONE BENE at Feb 11, 2008,
Quote by imnotastoner

I'm guessing the TS live in england - the home of marshall - therefore no export + shipping costs

The DSL line of marshalls aren't great, have a look at maybe a Classic 30, or the Laney VC30 212 (Should have enough gain and volume)

Or an AC30 although you'd need some serious pedals to get the right sound, but the tone would be godly
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
THe Laney VC30 > DSL401 -prepares to be hit by shoes

To be fair the marshall isnt a terrible amp, but considering an amp that costs 3/4 of the price of it sounds better it makes you think

VC has MUCH better cleans, doesnt have all the solid state circuity that the DSL has and a better lower gain crunch.

Also TS you own the same amp I used to have, the upgrade to the VC was unbelievable..
Last edited by beckyjc at Feb 11, 2008,
I admit the VC looks good but id rather have an amp for its natural gain than having to stick a pedal with it when i want to play metal
Quote by imnotastoner

he lives in the UK, marshalls are rly cheap there
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
I don't think Marshalls are really that much cheaper in the UK. But if they are, good. We deserve it because of the ridiculous prices we end up paying for guitars!

I've played the DSL and I really like it. It's going to be my next amp to meet my solo/distorted tone needs. Swapping between that and my Hot Rod for cleans at gigs is going to be sweet.

The TSL I don't mind, the cleans are pretty similar but the distortion is much more tame. Never played a VC30 myself but do check it out because I know a lot of people who are fans of them.
Quote by USCENDONE BENE
Budget = £300-600
Currently playing: Marshall MG ''15MSII hunka' sh*t'' as i believe it's called
Playing styles: anything from something like Green Day to Metallica/Maiden

I have looked at the Laney LC30II but im not sure if it has the gain of the Marshalls i suggested :/ however i would be willing to buy it as i need something of that price that i can gig with

hmmm, more of a mixed response over the marshalls than i hoped, but its expected really...

if you can get up to £600, you aren't a million miles off an engl screamer, laney tt combo, koch (various models) or orange. of course, if you're already stretching to reach £600 it's probably not an option, but if you can get higher, it's probably worth it- you're almost at the point where amps start getting really nice, and if you have the extra cash (apologies if you don't), i think it'd be a shame not to take that extra step. second hand may be worth considering too, if you're willing to do that. should bring most of those under budget.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by daniel2489
Get the Marshall JCM2000 TSL602 Combo

I would, wise thing to do

Marshall

Fanboy?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by daniel2489
Get the Marshall JCM2000 TSL602 Combo

I would, wise thing to do

Marshall

Why did you link the add page for your profile?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Dave_Mc
if you can get up to £600, you aren't a million miles off an engl screamer, laney tt combo, koch (various models) or orange. of course, if you're already stretching to reach £600 it's probably not an option, but if you can get higher, it's probably worth it- you're almost at the point where amps start getting really nice, and if you have the extra cash (apologies if you don't), i think it'd be a shame not to take that extra step. second hand may be worth considering too, if you're willing to do that. should bring most of those under budget.

nah, thats some good advice as i should be able to get the money (or go halves with my dad), i was looking at the first too you suggested too
Quote by USCENDONE BENE
nah, thats some good advice as i should be able to get the money (or go halves with my dad), i was looking at the first too you suggested too

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?