K, so i own a washburn x10 and the color is black, the poblem is, i've had it for bout 7 months now and i find black too plain and that it needs a little spice, and here's what i was gonna do,

find a pic of original washburn x10 black ong oogle
mess around with it
make a bunch of different sstyles that could look cool
print it, buy some colored tape fo the color and put the the tape on guitar

i've included pics of guitar now and my first demo, just wondering, if i used tape, would it do anythign to my guitar? by the way, my designs include stripes with bright colors, and maybe i'll mix different colors, and i might make a pick guard out of tape

demo 1 is just some random red stripes, nothing special
Attachments:
x10blk.jpg
Demo 1.JPG
Current Gear:
New York Pro - 5 String Beaut
Some tom delonge green strat my friend made
Boss GT-6
Eden DC210XLT Metro Bass Combo 500W (if anyone else has this model and has any insight about it, do pm me)
light it on fire, then put it out. it'll look sweet with the distressed look.

but seriously, this is going to look very similar to the van halen thing, and people will know it. if that's what you're going for, then i guess do it. the tape shouldn't do anything (i once duct taped the entire body and headstock of my behringer starter guitar for fun, the finish is fine, once i scraped off the residue). but it might also look like total crap. you would be better just using your guitar as it is, and upgrading to a new one down the line.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.