I've got a question about my overdrive pedal. It's got great sound, but I'm worried that it may damage my amp if I kick it in in the middle of playing at a loud volume, because it's got a massive volume boost when I kick it in. So, I was wondering, what should I do?

I'm thinking that maybe I should run it after a looper pedal that I can run into a different amp channel, so it goes like.

Channel 1- Guitar
Channel 2-Pedal-Looper-Guitar

Very simplified, of course. I own more pedals than that, but w/e.

I could be just paranoid, but I'd just rather know in advance in case I buy another amp some day.

And Kerry, if you read this, maybe you can help? Since you built it and all.)
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Sorry if I'm not being clear, I'm wanting to run it into an amp channel that's on a quieter setting, so I don't blow anything.
My Blog

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I don't know if Kerry drops by here any more.

But it's probably unlikely to damage your amp.

What amp is it? What pedal?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
It's a peavey Envoy (30w), and the pedal is the Pink Verb, built by affectronix, and, transitively, by Kerry, which is why I want him to respond.

I own the only one in existance(besides the prototype), so I'm pretty down with that. I've been offered $250 for it, but I won't sell. I still can't convince him to build another one, though.
My Blog

PM that_pink_queen, I believe he still drops by now and then. AFAIK, he was the one that designed the pink verb. Don't quote me on that, though.
^ Yeah, he was. he dropped by the wah modding thread a month or two or ago, said Kerry refused to pay him for the design... And the input buffer to it is identical to the Ruby amp, so Kerry's also breaching runoffgroove's copyright laws by making them commercially.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.