Hey...
this is like, my first post but meh:P

ok.. i'm looking for a new guitar.... i want a decent guitar but it can't look anything like a strat.... don't like strats... it needs to sound awesome and i want it to come with a floyd rose tremelo bar.... my price range is from around $300-$600...

any ideas?
what sort of music you play?
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
jackson or kramer, and ibanez is good too.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American 52 Telecaster RI
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
Orange Cabinets
Well, that really narrows the choices down. Do you know how many guitars look like Strats? Way too many to count. And most of the guitars that I've seen that come with FRs also look like Strats, except maybe a few.

You're not really helping out at all. There are a lot of guitars that sound "awesome", and many that don't, so what kind of things are you looking for in a guitar besides it not being strat-shaped, sounding awesome, within $300-600 and having an FR...
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
jaisnt there a type of jackson rr shape? im sure theres a licensed floyd rose on that
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
alright.... i know... i was kinda picky

i don't mind strats that much...

i dont really perform... its just a hobbie and i need something that can play anything and not sound or feel like crap
if you can raise your budget 100 bucks go with a schecter hellraiser FR i highly reccomend it
Well i like the Ibanez RG5EX1 sounds great and one of the fastest necks i've ever played. cheap too.
you cant really go wrong with a Les Paul, it works in just about every genre of Rock and if you get an Epiphone you can easily get a perfectly decent one in that price range. i have a Epi Les Paul Special II and it was like £150 used (i think i got X-cr gypsied though) and i have an Epi Les Paul Custom that we got used for £200 but in the states i've seen them new for around $500-ish.
i agree...
but i have a les paul... not a gibson or epiphone.... it's an old Harmony les paul copy.... and i bought it used and the dealer said because it's old, i can't tune it down to drop d or drop c... thats one of the reasons why i want a new one
hellraiser is 700

oh wait nvrmind ist 800

either way if you ditch the trem you can get one for 650 and it is an AMAZING guitar
the les paul is my favourite guitar... i just dont wanna get another one.... unless i can find one cheap with a FR on it,
Quote by conquistador
if you can raise your budget 100 bucks go with a schecter hellraiser FR i highly reccomend it

its an 800 dollar guitar
but soooooooo worth the money
how about an ESP LTD mh-400?
i think epiphone has a les paul with a fr on it
ill look for a link, yeah its only 500
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar-with-Floyd-Rose-Tremolo?sku=519398

and here is a link for the ESP if you decide to not mind strat shapes for the extra 100 dollars
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH400-Electric-Guitar?sku=516684
Last edited by berysLTD_h-50 at Feb 10, 2008,