I wanted to know what type of acoustic string you guys use? I just got a new Breedlove AD25/SM and I put Daddario EXP's on it, but I really don't want to spend that much money on strings. I play a lot, so what are some decently priced strings that are good quality?
Thanks
---Epiphone Les Paul Studio---
---Roland Cube 30---
www.myspace.com/themusicofchris

~I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because I see everything by it. -- C.S. Lewis~
i use dadario acustic strings and they serve me well.

the elixir acustic strings break too much i think, or maybe its just my playing style. plus they're expensive.
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
i really like changing strings... i played on much, including fenders, ernie balls etc. looking to try elixir and ernie ball power slinkies, or how are they called.

currently have pyramid strings(you probally dont know them), theyre cheap and i like them..
Elixir strings, the best a guitar player can get. I just can't go back to anything else now..
I'm a tone wh0re and a gear slut.
I use D'Addario too, they sound the best for my style. I've used Ernie Ball but never liked them much; they make much better electric than acoustic. When I first started I used Fender, they were fine and I think less expensive than the D'Addarios, just not quite as full sounding though.
Quote by tushmeister
MASSIVE Respect to you. Absolutely massive! *buys you an e-drink*
I use D'addario on my classic guitar. I've had them for about 6 months
not and they haven't broken yet. D'addario FTW!
I have had my elixers on for a year, and they still work, lost some tone but still playable.
sigh...
martin SP they sound great and last for ages
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Your username... it's amazing.

Yup.
Martin SP 13's. Can't go wrong.
I know exactly what I think I'm doing.
i use YAMAHA acustic Stings They sound so good & pure & Amazing

i recommend them
FANTASY , EVERYBODY HAS ONE
I have used the D'Addario EXP for at least a year, but switched to Cleartone on some recommendations in other threads from this site. I have had them on for about a month now and like them more then the EXP's. They are more expensive, but the salesguy gave me a little discount for trying them out.
Quote by fumb-duck
martin SP they sound great and last for ages

I used SPs before I found out about elixers, I found that, if you play regularly, the strings loose there tone quickly.
sigh...
i play regularly and found that elixirs sounded disgustingly tinny when they wear.

HENCE, im using Martin SP Phosphor Bronze right now and i love them. they don't have that crazy shimmering bright effect that elixirs have, but they have a very nice overall warm yet clear kinda tone that i like.

for me. Martin SP Custom Light > Elixir Phosphor Bronze
they cost less and sound fuller.
I used to use Elixers but Martins are the way to go, they are plenty cheaper, last just as long and have a smoother tone.
UMMMM okay you are playing an 800 dollar guitar and dont wanna shell out 13 bucks every 45 to 60 days for strings. Sorry i think that you should stop trying to take the easy way out and try out some diferent strings and see wich ones sound good to you on your personal guitar i like the exp line from daddario i use the exp 11 .012-.053. However i have used the martin marquis brand of phosphorus strings (with the red silk wrap on the ball end af the string) on my taylor and they sounded fine but didnt last as long and i found they were generally harder to play than the exp's. Howver i mustsay that i have very sweaty greasy acidic hands and wear out strings faster than most so a coated string is basicly a must for me. Perhaps after you try some different brands out and find one that suits youre personall preference if you are serious about saving money i would look into buying ten packs when they go on sale or special also the people are far more likely to give you a deal if you buy a ten pack and dont haggle when there are a bunch of poeple around to overhear them giving you the discount and ask fo it too so this is were its important to have a relationship with your salesman at your local music store. hope that helps good luck!
Well, in my opinion (if you like them) the D'Addario EXP's are worth it. Sure they cost more (just over twice as much as regular D'Addario strings around here, im sure that varies though) but they last over twice as long. Closer to three times as long from my experience.
If you're adamant about not spending that much on strings then the regular D'Addarios are the best cheap strings ive tried.
Well, I guess i was mistaken on how long the EXP's last then. I'm not "cheap
. but i was under the impression that they would start losing their tone after 2 weeks of playing or so. But, If they can last for for more than a month than thats great.

The only thing i don't really like about the EXP's is that they sound sorta jangly for some reason. I dunno, but i'm gonna try some martins (what i use on my other acoustic) on them and see.

thanks for all the help guys
---Epiphone Les Paul Studio---
---Roland Cube 30---
www.myspace.com/themusicofchris

~I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because I see everything by it. -- C.S. Lewis~
Well i didnt mean to come of as presumptious just wanted to give you some different perspective the exp break in from that twangy sound if its anything like mine and hold there mellow tone for a quite decent amount of time i use them and enjoy them.but like i said try many different brands and youll find the ones that suit you best.
When i bought EXPs, the highest string had a giant piece of metal jutting out, and it was sharp enough to be able to cut my fingers. I had to use my spare martins to replace that string. I definitely wasn't happy about that.

anyway, for me, the EXP's lost their tone very fast. the Martin SPs are lasting great. this is about week 2 for me and i've used them for about... 8 hours this weekend alone.
Martin SP's have got to be my fav and i dont often (if at all) use any other brand, plus they improve as they wear in and have a long lasting nice tone.
Quote by captivate
When i bought EXPs, the highest string had a giant piece of metal jutting out, and it was sharp enough to be able to cut my fingers. I had to use my spare martins to replace that string. I definitely wasn't happy about that.

anyway, for me, the EXP's lost their tone very fast. the Martin SPs are lasting great. this is about week 2 for me and i've used them for about... 8 hours this weekend alone.

Shoot buddy send that thing back to daddario tell em you werent satisfied theyll send you a whole new pack of strings and most likely a t shirt to they did for my buddy i hate seing people get ripped off. On another note the martin sp are they different from the martin marquis sp i got a set of those for christmas and changed them after a month they just didnt do it for me however if the sp are different ill definitly give them a try next month when i change my exp's im always willing to try something out if it gets a favorable posting.
I bought a pack of EXPs tried it for the first time. Had it on my guitar for about a month and I don't like them. The coating on the strings make a squeaky noise when I'm strumming or finger picking. It happens when my hands are dry and I would have to moisten my thumb to make the noise go away. I'm going back to regular the Phosphor bronze.
I am currently using Dean Markley Formula 82/R ML (Medium Light .012 - .054) on my Yamaha FG700. I've tried Dean Markley PhosBronze (Medium Lights and TLT? Treble Light? .011 - .052). I didn't like the PhosBronze the whole Phosphor thing annoys the hell out of me. I have also tied Martin SP (Light .012 - .054) and I was impressed. But I like trying different packs all the time. Martin Marquis SP, I gather are Martin SP's with some silk end to reduce wear on the bridge, so probably the same.
Ben Pazolli
-----------------------
Epiphone Dot Studio
VOX Valvetronix VD-30AD
VOX V847 WAH-WAH Pedal
Boss Loop Station RC-2
-----------------------
"The nicest guy you'll ever f............ind"
Martin SP Lights

change them every 30 days

used to play mediums but a light string is better suited to what I play
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.