Why can't musicians be normal human beings who talk in a way that can be understood, rather than being pretentious douches?

Shame too, I liked their music.
Well thats disappointing. They were never my favorite of the post rock genre, but I do enjoy the albums I have by them.
they had been on hiatus for the past 4+ years...does this really come as a shock to anyone?
That's a shame. I enjoy them
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
i never got into them, i much prefered Sigur Ros and 65DOS.
Quote by uhh_me?
they had been on hiatus for the past 4+ years...does this really come as a shock to anyone?

Exactly what I thought when I read it.
They've supplied a huge amount of music through side projects and stuff. It's not like there is a ton of originality to post-rock anymore anyway.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
yeah, how is that news? and anyone who is still clinging onto the post rock genre should be drowned.

i do like how NME used wikipedia to look up their discography. guess they're pretty big fans, eh?
this is about four days old. the iraq comments, i mean. obviously the whole split thing is super old.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
on pitchfork:

When contacted by Pitchfork, Menuck gave the following statement via Silver Mt. Zion's publicist:

"The Drowned in Sound thing is a misquote, I'm in the middle of dealing with it now. It's true, Godspeed hasn't existed for years, we've been on permanent hiatus since 2002. If and when we do call it quits permanently, it won't be because of the Iraq war."

i would like to go back to the idea of them being broken up.
It's a shame their career ended on such a bum note. They're one of my favourite bands ever but I really don't like Yanqui UXO. It's just so... generic...
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
I'm down. If a few more bands wanna break up, thats cool too. Less bands to follow the better.

I waqs just thinking to myself the other day how I will miss so much good music in my life because I couldn't possibly appreciate it all.