Hey Guys,
I was wondering if you could give some suggestions for modding a Strat. I have a Japanese strat, mahogany body with a maple neck and fingerboard. However, the pickups really really suck. I want to make it into an HSS as there is room. I have definetely want some hot rails on it too. What do you guys recommend for the pickups? I am willing to spend 100 bucks on each one as this guitar has a lot of meaning to me and i want to make it as good as possible. Thanks.
o yea, and i want this guitar to be pretty hot. We are talking Iron Maiden and Van Halen covers. Thanks.
i think a seymour duncan custom or and sh-5 would be better for the bridge, they have more character and they are just a paf on steroids basically
My Gear

Guitars
Gibson faded Sg in cherry red
Squire bullet special

Amps
Palomino v8
Effects
Danelectro Fish and chips EQ
Boss DM-3 analog delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
sweet. That might work too. What about the middle pickup? I thought about vintage rails?
Quote by let it play
i think a seymour duncan custom or and sh-5 would be better for the bridge, they have more character and they are just a paf on steroids basically

+1, best seymour duncan pickup IMO.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
ok, so i just did some quick research and it turns out that im kinda screwed as this is not really a mahogany guitar but a basswood one. Is there anything that will make this sound better?