Well I've been looking at getting a Strat/Tele, but there are so many models to choose from and I don't know what I should get.. I play mainly blues/blues-rock and a bit of jazz (but I have the Sheraton for that) through a Fender 65' Reissue Deluxe Reverb. Preferably looking for something under $1000. I've been looking at the Classic Player Strats and the Highway One's, are those any good? Any input appreciated.

Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
The 2008 american strat....

Amazing tone and design.

And a dollar under your price range, $999 :-)
Quote by etays69
The 2008 american strat....

Amazing tone and design.

And a dollar under your price range, $999 :-)

+1000

excellent guitar, although im not a huge fan of the new saddles. Comes with an excellent case too.
The American Strat's pickups (SCN's) are very versatile, but don't really excel at any particular sound. If you are playing a lot of blues and blues/rock I'd go for the highway one. Its American made, has the nitro cellulose finish, and the bridge saddles dont break your strings like the American Strats.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
American standard telecaster - Beutiful, i prefer the sound and feel to a strat by a billion, obviously lack of tremolo could be a problem. Which do you prefer?
I realise im the only one to say a telecaster its apples and oranges to be honest.
several options:

- spend it all on either a strat or tele and hope it's the one you want

-split budget 50:50 and get both, but realise they probably won't be as nice as the $1000 one

- get something in-between a strat and tele, e.g. that nashville tele

- look other places instead of fender, e.g. japanese copies, G&L etc....
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
several options:
-split budget 50:50 and get both, but realise they probably won't be as nice as the $1000 one

Or do what I did, get the Strat, then put a push pull switch that turns the bridge pup on, so you can have the neck+bridge tele combo. Granted you dont have all the tonal options of a tele, but its a very reasonable substitute.
that's another good call. probably won't sound exactly like a tele (and you won't have the tele bridge pickup which is what most people want a tele for), but yeah, it would be a little more versatile than not having that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
What about the '72 Custom Tele? It has a humbucker in the neck, which would suit your jazzy dalliances and Peter Green style blues, and a classic single coil bridge pickup, which would suit everything else. Once I offload my Les Paul, I may try and save for this one myself.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GL-ASAT-Classic-BluesBoy-Electric-Guitar?sku=510981
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/GL-ASAT-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=511109

Some sort of G&L Bluesboy or ASAT, maybe? They're practically Fenders, since Leo Fender designed them. The link above is only an example of one type, and you can likely find them for cheaper on eBay.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Last edited by Wulver at Feb 10, 2008,
well i have a G&L legacy, but it might be a bit steep for your price range. but nothing compares to the sounds i can get out of it, so if you wanna shell out the extra cash, go for it
So based on what you guys are saying, then the American Standards are a good buy?

And I don't want humbuckers in it, as that sort of defeats the purpose of why I'm buying a Strat/Tele in the first place.

Those G & L's look quite nice, just quite expensive.

I'd rather not buy both and get cheaper guitars, as I would like the best I can possibly get for the price. I remember that you've played a Nashville Tele, right Dave? How was it?

Any input on the Classic strats?

Appreciate all your help.

:Cheers:
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
I dunno, a neck humbucker in a tele would pretty much cover every possible blues tone......good enough for Albert Collins, good enough for you, maybe?

And like I said, it'd be quite easy to find a used G&L for less. and if my dad's ASAT Bass is any indication, they're absolutely amazing instruments. Well worth it, I think.

And yeah, I'd imagine an American Fender would be a good buy any way you look at it.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by S0ulja23
I'd rather not buy both and get cheaper guitars, as I would like the best I can possibly get for the price. I remember that you've played a Nashville Tele, right Dave? How was it?

alright, but it felt a bit like a mongrel, for want of a better word. if i bought one, i could see myself ending up having to buy a strat and tele anyway...

that's just me of course.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?