Hey guys

quick question. Does anyone know if the age is being brought up from 17 to 18 to pass ur drivers licence in the U.K, as these are rumours iv heard, and was wondering if anyone else has heard these or if anyone knows for sure what is happening.

cheers
iv been told that .. im just 17 have 1st lesson this week and i heard if ur past 1991 then its 18?
i think about my life,
and the midnight highway...
the life of a renegade
king

Member #7 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club! PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join
Yes. I don't know when it'll become official, but they are raising the age you can have your licence at to 18.
You can still have lessons while you're 17, but you aren't allowed to have a proper licence until you're eighteen
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
I dunno if that's true, since I'm an American, but rumors like that went around my schools from elementary school and up, but it never happened.
The medium is the message!
yeah it will be but by the time they bring that in it wont affect anyone whos already had a lesson...for me ive got my test in march anyway so it definately wont affect me....i heard drinking age is going to 21 for all those born after 1992 as well, is that one true?
Quote by Heat-13
yea it is everyone born b4 1990 has to take it at 18 i think

everyone born b4 1990 is already over 18.
I dunno where people are getting their information from.

There are NO official dates for when this may or may not be coming into effect, at the moment you can still learn to drive if you are 17, you can also still apply for a provisional license, I currently am learning to drive and am planning to have a tes within the year, I was born in 1991 and this is not illegal.
I think you should be able to learn to drive from 18, I think you should be allowed on the road at 20.

I dont want to be a spoil sport, but there is so many "Lads" killed where I live, its unreal.. im talking like one everyday just because theyre blasting around streets and back roads in their puntos and clios, novas etc.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by nick dixon
I think you should be able to learn to drive from 18, I think you should be allowed on the road at 20.

I dont want to be a spoil sport, but there is so many "Lads" killed where I live, its unreal.. im talking like one everyday just because theyre blasting around streets and back roads in their puntos and clios, novas etc.

I don't think this would solve anything, the sort of people who kill people in cars at 17, are the sort of people who will kill people in cars at 20.
The more likely solution to me is more vigoruous testing for licenses including (possibly) a character assesment to determine how responsible the person is.
Quote by King Baby Duck
I don't think this would solve anything, the sort of people who kill people in cars at 17, are the sort of people who will kill people in cars at 20.
The more likely solution to me is more vigoruous testing for licenses including (possibly) a character assesment to determine how responsible the person is.

hmm, well testosterone starts to calm down a bit at about 20 years of age.

Thats a good idea about character testing, but unfortuntly, that'll never happen.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by nick dixon
hmm, well testosterone starts to calm down a bit at about 20 years of age.

Thats a good idea about character testing, but unfortuntly, that'll never happen.

Yeah, we can wish though, eh?
Still 16 in most places for the US

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
If you're 1992 or later, then it is 18.

I'm 1991, so I'm very lucky.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz

I'm having chicken nuggets for lunch.

My Day > Yours
its 16 in the US! woohoo!
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"