I've been listening to lots of artists like Derek Trucks, John Mayer and Stevie Ray Vaughan lately, and I was wondering if there were easy guitar-oriented blues songs to learn by them...any suggestions?

I'm just starting out in the blues genre (taking a little break from learning Metal and Hardcore/Metalcore) so any help would be appreciated!
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
hmmm give 'Bring it on Home' by Led Zeppelin a try... it starts and ends bluesy and rocks the **** in the middle.
Um, Pride and joy? Not a very complicated song.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Any BB King song is easy to play, and good blues. Look at "Thrill is Gone" and "Stormy Monday Blues." Also Clapton plays very back-to-basics blues.

I wouldn't try and learn the genre in its later iterations, like Zeppelin and Mayer. Get the basics down first before you tackle the evolutions of blues music.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Just learn the progression, the rest is just different riffs.

| I | x 4
| IV | x2
| I | x2
| V | IV | I | V |

that's the famous 12 bars.
The Jack by AC/DC. Good example of both blues rhythm and soloing.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Scuttlebuttin

lol just kidding, ( thought its not actually that bad, takes a while)

try playing boom boom, maybe a bit slower than John Lee Hooker plays it, but its a nice lil slide run etc.
If you've got your chops down playing metal, then the blues shouldn't be too hard to get to grips with due to more traditional scale styles and chord progressions. This isn't to say the blues is easier to play however, as there is a lot of technique involved.

"Mannish Boy/ I'm a Man" by Muddy Waters is a good blues to begin with. So is something like "Outside Woman Blues" by someone I can't remeber, but Cream done a very faithful reproduction of the song albeit electrically. These give you a good groundwork for a couple of distinct blues styles. If you have an acoustic guitar then you should try some acoustic blues a la Robert Johnson, Skip James or Son House.
Quote by greggybhoy
If you've got your chops down playing metal, then the blues shouldn't be too hard to get to grips with due to more traditional scale styles and chord progressions. This isn't to say the blues is easier to play however, as there is a lot of technique involved.

"Mannish Boy/ I'm a Man" by Muddy Waters is a good blues to begin with. So is something like "Outside Woman Blues" by someone I can't remeber, but Cream done a very faithful reproduction of the song albeit electrically. These give you a good groundwork for a couple of distinct blues styles. If you have an acoustic guitar then you should try some acoustic blues a la Robert Johnson, Skip James or Son House.

I was thinking of trying to learn Cream's cover of Crossroads, since it's a trademark blues song...does Got My Mojo Workin' by Muddy Waters have a guitar part?

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
sunshine of your love isn't too hard, but improvise the solo

couple of hendrix's songs aren#t too hard, hey joe maybe?

all your love from the bluesbreakers album isn't too hard, that was the first one i learnt
lol@u
Quote by Blues_King431
sunshine of your love isn't too hard, but improvise the solo

I've already learned that one, I just haven't tried the solo yet...sounds easy enough to improv over though.

I've also started learning Layla by Derek and the Dominoes. Clapton was one of the few guitarists that weren't metal or heavy that got me into guitar playing

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Stormey Monday

It's a typical 12 bar but if you do it right with upper extension voicing with 9ths and 13ths insted of old g7s and c7s you will find a whole new sound
Tagged
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab