???
Ibanez RG350MDX (black)
Ibanez GAX70 (red)
Ibanez Roadstar II Series
Ibanez ToneBlaster100H Head
Ibanez ToneBlaster100H Cab
BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
BOSS NS-2 Noise Supressor
on your EQ (equalization band) you lower the "middle" almost to zero, while your treble and bass are still raised. i personally don't like to scoop my mids, but to each their own
Last edited by strat335 at Feb 10, 2008,
It means to turn the mid or contour control on your amp to 1 or 2.

Dude, I'm really surprised. I mean, you have mcuh better setup on your stuff, probably have playing longer than me, yet you don't know what scooping mids are?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
This means setting your amp's EQs to high treble and bass, but low-midranges. Its a setting used very frequently in heavy metal.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by strat335
on your EQ (equalization band) you lower the "middle" almost to zero, while your treble and bass are still raised. i personally don't like to scoop my mids, but to each their own

yea its an ok tone. i use it if i am in a bind and need a solid tone quick. i never fully drop the mids. if you have a bigger eq band and scoop em it will look like a smiley face.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Quote by spoonylove90
yea its an ok tone. i use it if i am in a bind and need a solid tone quick. i never fully drop the mids. if you have a bigger eq band and scoop em it will look like a smiley face.

yeah. i forgot- i usually lower my mids a little bit, around 3 or 4, when i'm playing my LP with lots of distortion. it sounds like ass with my stratocaster though
Thrash bands were known for skipping their mids a lot, so do a lot of Black and Death metal bands ie Cradle Of Filth (though you can argue their genre).

If you listen to bands like Tool you can hear the difference cause he uses quite high mids instead.
Quote by strat335

yeah. i forgot- i usually lower my mids a little bit, around 3 or 4, when i'm playing my LP with lots of distortion. it sounds like ass with my stratocaster though

dude dont say that bout strats !!!!!!!!! try modding it i changed all the pickupps in mine with all different stuff from damarzio i dont know the name dude!!!!!!!!!!!! my strat is like my favorite guitar to play!!! i got like almost infinite sustain on it i actually getting a more outrageous tone than my friends modded ibanez!!!! somehow i sound better than him when we playing for a crowd but truth be told he plays alot better than me !! i have proven that strats can still stand thier ground i mean i took on people in metal duels with bc rich warbeasts with thier "fat ass pickups " with its low end sound my strat almost went lower (my secret buy a ibanez weeping demon an **** it on and leave it on on the lowest setting under ur pedalboard lol ) !!!!! and i have went against a few flying v's , modded guitars, charvels , and seven les pauls have been laid to shame by me just improvising stuff that they played. the point im getting at is u can blame ur guitar all u want or u can respect it and try and make it work. i would admit in the beggining i hated my strat now i cant play anything else i have a customised prs private stock that dont get any play because i have grown to love my strat and any other design feels alien to me. Try making the guitar work dont just go buy the most expensive stuff out there HAVE FUN WITH WHAT U ALREADY OWN
Quote by strat335

Yeah it sounds cool on its own, but has zero power to cut through the mix. Sounds great on a sound system though