I am looking for some solos to learn. I play like Slash & Zakk Wylde. And I love their kinds of playing. Like slash's melodies, and then Zakk's full on assault! I am trying to write a song. (call it corny, but it's for my girlfriend) Just for her. And I have been trying to find a song with both kinds of solos, so that I can get an idea of how to put the 2 together. I found one I like a lot, it is "No More Tears" by, Ozzy Osbourne. I love the way that solo is constructed, and I am trying to write a solo that starts as a melody, but in the end goes into a full-on shredfest! Can anyone else tell me a solo that i should listen too!? I have also found "In This River" by, Black Label Society (R.I.P Dimebag). I'd really appreciate it. Also anyone know a solo that has some insane tapping in it? I saw that guitar lesoon video "Shred Materclass: Two-Handed Tapping" and I really want to put some awesome tapping in my solo. Thanks.
"Nice boys don't play rock n' roll" - Axl Rose in (Nice Boys cover)
listen to No More Tears and come up with something similar, and add tapping, kind of a simple formula, but if you want something to listen to, Jet City Woman or Eyes Of The Stranger by Queensryche. Eyes of the stranger has this Iron Maiden esque harmonies that go from a small melody to a full run in a really short time. Nevermore has a song called the Heart Collector, which has exactly what you need, it has a beautiful melody and then it goes into a brutal shred.
thanks I will check that song out.
Well... to tell you the truth the 'full-on shredfest' solo in No More Tears is 100% in the Pentatonic Scale.

Zakk Wylde even says in one of his lessons for that song "just get a book and learn some god damn pentatonic scales and you can play a god damn song."

To make this post answer your question... and noticing that you're an absolute Zakk, BLS, Ozzy and Black Sabbath fan... have you heard the "Not Going Away" solo on Black Rain (Ozzy).

Also, if you want another 'melodic solo gone shred' watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4En57KIO9EQ) and try to accumulate some ideas.

If you want some tapping ideas go to the most basic, most common tapper there is, Eddie Van Halen. "Midnight" by Joe Satriani is also well-known for it's tapping.

Lastly, for solos like Wylde's don't tap. All the insane fastness is mostly hammer-ons and pull-offs in the Pentatonic Scale (usually minor). That's why his fastest parts in his solos generally sound smooth is his lack of actual picking.

Good luck.
Quote by ibryant0915
Well... to tell you the truth the 'full-on shredfest' solo in No More Tears is 100% in the Pentatonic Scale.

Zakk Wylde even says in one of his lessons for that song "just get a book and learn some god damn pentatonic scales and you can play a god damn song."

To make this post answer your question... and noticing that you're an absolute Zakk, BLS, Ozzy and Black Sabbath fan... have you heard the "Not Going Away" solo on Black Rain (Ozzy).

Also, if you want another 'melodic solo gone shred' watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4En57KIO9EQ) and try to accumulate some ideas.

If you want some tapping ideas go to the most basic, most common tapper there is, Eddie Van Halen. "Midnight" by Joe Satriani is also well-known for it's tapping.

Lastly, for solos like Wylde's don't tap. All the insane fastness is mostly hammer-ons and pull-offs in the Pentatonic Scale (usually minor). That's why his fastest parts in his solos generally sound smooth is his lack of actual picking.

Good luck.

Yes a solo just like that one by Zakk. I want to write one similar, but the shred is way more powerful. melody=light distortion, then in the shred I put on the super heavy distortion.
oh and I know zakk doesn't really do a whole lot of tapping, but I would like to add all of my fastest stuff to it. I told Amanda I would play something good, and then get super-crazy-insane fast. Cuz she thinks it is cool when i do that, and it sounds awesome. But the thing is I only use stuff I have seen in song tabs. I want to make my own. And I know the pentatonic scale, and the whole system. so I am good at playing solos, I just wanted some Ideas.
Experiment with different scales in different keys. If you do the melody, try playing it lower down the neck, then when you up the tempo, shift it up an octave and add some fancy licks to it.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1