It's a shame Gibson don't put the same effort into their guitars as they do into their website.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
It's a shame Gibson don't put the same effort into their guitars as they do into their website.

hahha, ibanez have a new one and so do schecter
Quote by guitarnoize
Haha!

As for the Ibanez site, it's not really in the same class and Schecter says coming soon!

well really, how much class do you need? all gibson has done is do a touch point thing thats useless and put up a bunch of images which 'arent available yet', the 360 thing isnt working and im pretty sure it will only be on one colour
nope give me ibanez webbie anyday.
360 thing? They don't have a 360 view? At least not on the guitars I was looking at.
I only looked at the Les Pauls so forgive me if I'm missing something, but I didn't see any "unavailable images".

The new Ibanez site is definitely an improvement but all that ajax loading crap is pointless, the developers were doing it for the sake of it rather than to enhance the user experience. I just expect a bit more from a company like Ibanez, I'm not dissing Ibanez at all I like their guitars I think they deserve a better showcase.

Just compare the following 2 pages:

Ibanez S2170FW

Les Paul Supreme

I like how Gibson use a nice Hi-res pic straight away. Easy to get to the features and other pics.
okay, lets point out a couple differences between Gibson and every other guitar company.

Gibson makes instruments of all kinds, surge protectors, hard drives, computer cables and vending machines, as well as jukeboxes, through the companies it has aquired. Therefore it is no longer a guitar company but a corporate entity.

Corporations always have fancy-ass websites.
Proud Member of the "Shoop da Whoop club"
PM C.C. Deville to join

O _0
/###############
|###############
\###############
Quote by ValenceElectron
okay, lets point out a couple differences between Gibson and every other guitar company.

Gibson makes instruments of all kinds, surge protectors, hard drives, computer cables and vending machines, as well as jukeboxes, through the companies it has aquired. Therefore it is no longer a guitar company but a corporate entity.

Corporations always have fancy-ass websites.

In my opinion if you care about your brand you should follow that through in all forms of media. I don't care what size the company if you want to sell guitars it makes sense to create nice promotional material.