Poll: Are iPod Classics good?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are iPod Classics good?
Yes!
98 56%
No!
76 44%
Voters: 174.
Page 1 of 3
I've read some really bad reviews about iPod Classics and how they're supposed to be really buggy, so are they really that bad, or have the problems been fixed or did they ever even exist?

Are iPod Classics good?
what you've heard is true. But not for everyone. Many people have happy ipod experiences.

Although every single person i've known who had an ipod had it die on them, In one case in less than 8 months.
mine is iffy but its the one that has the largest memory.. no other choice.
i think about my life,
and the midnight highway...
the life of a renegade
king

Member #7 of the I Love Hayley Williams Club! PM Gibson_SG_uzr55 to Join
i got a touch, great ipod,

classics are good too, just really a continuation of the standard ipod, with new firmware and an altered look.

if there is a bug out right now most likely its due to a bug in the firmware, apple constantly updates their ipods, so a fix should be out soon
Are you kidding? The iPod Classic has to best the best iPod to date. Look at how many generations they've gone through to perfect. On the other hand, the iPod Touch is probably the most buggy because it was just released and hasn't had time to build up calluses as it were.
I have an 80 gig and it's a little bit glitchy. But it's not serious enough for me to be unhappy with the thing. I also bought a 2-3 year extended warranty for it when I bought it, just in case it does die after only a few months.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
Quote by guitar-pro_92
get a zune. They're the best

zunes are terrible, they cant even install or sync well (hence microsoft releasing an OFFICAL program to diagnose y ur having problems)
I have one, and so far it's survived being being dropped and sat on countless times. I'm perfectly happy with it.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by nt1440
what exactly are you guys considering "glitchy"?

what is going wrong?

Like, it may freeze up for a second then go back to working fine. For example, when I was listening to a song on shuffle, I press next, it freezes up for a second, the next song starts playing, but the screen still says the previous song. And lately I've been hearing this kind of clicking noise inside my iPod. Like a computer about to start up, but then it stops.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
got a 160gb one. no problems, plays my music. listen to it every day, charge the battery once a week.

winner.
Quote by Jersey_Zombie
Like, it may freeze up for a second then go back to working fine. Like when I was listening to a song on shuffle, I press next, it freezes up for a second, the next song starts playing, but the screen still says the previous song. And lately I've been hearing this kind of clicking noise inside my iPod. Like a computer about to start up, but then it stops.

thats because the classics are HDD (they have a harddrive) load times on hard drives are slower, so youll notice a "freeze" its not a glitch, just the ipod scanning the entire harddrive for the next song.

the clicking is the moving part of the HD scanning the disks

I have a touch, which is flash based (no HD) and its fast and no lag at all, but that is only because of the speed benefit of flash over HD
Quote by nt1440
thats because the classics are HDD (they have a harddrive) load times on hard drives are slower, so youll notice a "freeze" its not a glitch, just the ipod scanning the entire harddrive for the next song.

the clicking is the moving part of the HD scanning the disks

I have a touch, which is flash based (no HD) and its fast and no lag at all, but that is only because of the speed benefit of flash over HD

all mp3 players have a small amount of solid state memory for the current track, but ipods have very very small solid state memory which is why it has to go back to the HDD quite regularly, which is also why ipod batteries don't last very long, because spinning up the drive costs battery.
I had one and it screwed up about two months after I bought it. Sent it back and got a Zune 80 instead, and so far its been plain sailing since.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Quote by freedoms_stain
all mp3 players have a small amount of solid state memory for the current track, but ipods have very very small solid state memory which is why it has to go back to the HDD quite regularly, which is also why ipod batteries don't last very long, because spinning up the drive costs battery.

i no this already, i didnt go into more details as i was trying to keep it in easy terms, im kinda confused what you were trying to explain to me
Mine isn't glitchy but it's a bit slow at times, but Apples already started to improve that a bit, click wheel is reported to be smoother etc. They are good products, and most people that rant about how horrible they are might have had 1 bad experience or they just got with the crowd because they can't think for themselves. Hell a lot of the times people that say they are bad haven't even touched one.
Last edited by AthenasGhost at Feb 10, 2008,
I've had mine since about August, and I absolutely love it. Tons of space, nothing too fancy, and I'm working on updating all of my album art so I can use coverflow. Sometimes it takes an extra second or two to load a list, and multiple seconds to get every single album artowork in coverflow mode to load, but it's negligible.

I actually recommend it if you're not getting the new 16GB iPhone.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
My first iPod was made in september 2004, and just died last November. I got a new one for Christmas, but I thought it kinda sucked that the first one died after only 3 years. Planned obsolescense and all, just to line Apple's pockets. Ehh whatever it served me well for the time I had it, no complaints really.
mines been fine and I've had it for about 13/14 months....so I dunno, personally its been fine
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Mine hasn't acted up at all. I've had it for about 4 months now, and I take it everywhere I go.
Quote by Chriscon90
My first iPod was made in september 2004, and just died last November. I got a new one for Christmas, but I thought it kinda sucked that the first one died after only 3 years. Planned obsolescense and all, just to line Apple's pockets. Ehh whatever it served me well for the time I had it, no complaints really.

my first ipod (5.5th gen ipod video) lasted me for years, no problems at all, then again i treated it with respect (i never threw it or anything like some ppl do )

theyll hold up as long as you care about it
Quote by Chriscon90

3 years is good innings for an Ipod tbh. see above, my friends lasted 8 months.

There was a guy who did a graffiti campaign where he stenceled over all the Ipod posters he could find in his city with "Ipods burn out in 12-18 months" or similar.
they dont burn out if u use them correctly (meaning proper charging as well)
I love my iPod classic- it takes some time to load on cover flow but other than that its great.
Quote by PinkIsCool
Yes, but it's a FACT that most metal artists have more musicainship and technical skill than pretty much all rappers.
Quote by gallagher2006
Just another cheap marketting ploy by Apple, so yes.

way to not even back up your statement, apparently you just hate apple for no reason

i bet ur the kind of person on a certain website that refers to mac users as "macfags" arent you
I wouldn't know, because I've had my Zen Touch for 4 years now and it still works just fine.
I like the format of my Video better than the classic, but I want it badly cause of the value for memory.
i've had my 80 gig ipod for 2 years and have had no problem
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
I've had mine for more than two years (maybe 3), it's a 60 GB and it's still working perfectly. The only problem I've had is it can be easily scratched.
"The poor didn't want this one."
I'm on my 3rd

The first 2 were like 2 years ago.

They both failed within a few weeks

This one's doing well.

When they're good, they're so worth it.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Page 1 of 3