I think maple is alot easier to play. All the times ive played rosewood, it just seems too rough.

just my opinion though.
mmm playing on maple is great

supposedly maple is brighter whereas rosewood has a warmer sound to it
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
It effects the tone of the guitar - maple will give a brighter, more snappy tone whereas rosewood will be darker, more warm sounding. i personally prefer the feel of rosewood and the tone of maple.. hehe...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
i think maple feels like its powdered, beautifuly fast
ibanez rocks
i love rosewood, but i haven't played on many maple fingerboards, i didn't particularly like the ones i have played on, but its good to have the option, rosewood is warmer, maple is brighter, and needs less cleaning
lol@u
Urm, personally I think it makes minimal difference tone-wise (as people have said above, it does make a difference, but IMO you should choose the neck on feel and cosmetic tastes)

I prefer maple on strats and teles because I think they look best with maple, but I prefer rosewood on LPs, SGs etc (I dont think maple would look nice tbh)
Quote by Hakanku
Urm, personally I think it makes minimal difference tone-wise (as people have said above, it does make a difference, but IMO you should choose the neck on feel and cosmetic tastes)

I prefer maple on strats and teles because I think they look best with maple, but I prefer rosewood on LPs, SGs etc (I dont think maple would look nice tbh)

I think one of the Zakk Wylde sig LPs has a maple fingerboard on it, and I think it looks terrible. I prefer maple for fenders, and rosewood or ebony for everything else.
Maple offers a much more pronounced attack IMO.

Very easy tapping and pull-offs in my experience.
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
maple is brighter sounding and rosewood is darker.

i like roewood on rock/metal guitars..but love maple necks on strats
The laquer on the maple makes it difficult to run quickly up the neck, but the tone is nice.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
How often do you guys touch the fingerboard? I've got medium-jumbo and jumbo frets on my two Strats and rarely do I ever touch the fingerboard directly. On some old vintage style frets I guess I could see feel coming into play a lot more.

That said, general rule is maple is slightly brighter and rosewood is slightly warmer.
With jumbos (my preferred fret size) it hardly matters. On smaller fret sizes though, I prefer the smoothness of rosewood. The clearcoat on maple seems kinda grippy to me.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Comfortablylomb
How often do you guys touch the fingerboard? I've got medium-jumbo and jumbo frets on my two Strats and rarely do I ever touch the fingerboard directly. On some old vintage style frets I guess I could see feel coming into play a lot more.

That said, general rule is maple is slightly brighter and rosewood is slightly warmer.

Good point.

I vote Maple, all the way. I think.
Quote by Mibisabuela
rosewood is a lot more expensive.

No, it's not.

The sound is noticably different, as is the feel. That is what makes them different. I prefer Maple when playing clean blues, and rosewood when I am pushing a little OD. Just sound better, and to me, a rosewood neck strat doesn't feel too much different from a maple neck strat.
High as tits