They don't make music like they used to... I want to listen to some new stuff, but thing is - I don't listen to new stuff.. I listen to mostly 70's and 80's stuff..

I like Rush (they are my favorite), Iron Maiden, Hendrix, AC/DC, Sabbath, etc. Any new stuff that's like these?

Any recommendations?

Preferably ones like Rush, but if not the other bands are there
I like a lot of music you have mentioned and some of my favorite newer bands are Wolfmother, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Arctic Monkeys, The Fratellis, Hot Hot Heat, Modest Mouse, Muse, Queens of the Stone Age, Velvet Revolver, and The White Stripes.
It sounds like you're into prog and metal for the most part. Coheed and Cambria sounds veeerry similar to Rush, you might like them. Things that have the Iron Maiden power-metal sound: Nevermore, Avenged Sevenfold, maybe Machine Head, Children of Bodom

Other prog/metal: Opeth (excellent band), Soilwork, Atheist, Death, At the Gates, Carcass, Dark Tranquility
One of the newer bands that has consistently great stuff is Queens of the Stone Age.

If you're looking for bands with an old feel to them, try Wolfmother, the White Stripes, Jet, and The Darkness

You might also like some heavier grunge like Alice in Chains, or basic grunge like Pearl Jam and Soundgarden and Stone Temple Pilots

And, you cant ever go wrong with older Red Hot Chili Peppers' albums like Mother's Milk and Freaky Styley
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja