I just bought the Fender Super Champ XD yesterday and I have to say I love this amp it has a real good tube tone and effects. It has 1 preamp tube and 2 power tubes but I have read that the models (voiceings) on the 2nd channel are handled by a Solid State so it is still classified as a hybrid instead of all tube but it sounds great to me.I think the Clean channel is all tube.
I own a Line 6 Spider III 75watt and this thing sound loads better than it. I tried a Fender Blues Jr. And Champ 600 along with a Epiphone Valve Jr. in the store and have tried Vox Valtronix and Roland Cubes in the past and for a Blues ,Classic Rock ,Country sound this one sounded the best to me.I have only been playing about a year so I won't claim to have the best ear but my buddy who has been playing for over 20yr's liked it also.
If you are into real heavy metal I might would go with the Roland Cube but if you are into Blues, Country and Classic Rock you owe it to yourself to at least give it a try. I think it is worth the extra $50 to $80 over the Cube and Valvetronix and that the Blues Jr. is not worth the extra $150 to $250 over it.
Interesting. Are the volume levels/dynamics more reminiscent of tube or SS technology?
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
As I said I have only been playing about a year so may not be the best judge ,but it seems to have a more organic, warm, creamy sound compared to my Line 6 especially on the Clean channel.
All I am saying is if you are in the market you should at least give it a listen.
As much as I am against modeling in general I saw one in GC the other day and was very tempted to try it out, but I don't need another amp. You have made me curious so I will get in there when its slow and give it a try.
Does anyone else ever think about the stupid smiley (XD) that's laughing whenever they see that amp's name?

And uldhppi, same here.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Just picked one up two weeks ago. Very decent amp for the money. Great clean side and some useful sounds on the dirt side. Effects are acceptable for an onboard. As far as practice amps go you can't go wrong. And with a speaker upgrade you would probally be extremely happy with it.
i thought it was kind of boring sounding. the cleans were okay, but sort of thin sounding without so much bottom. it did not react to dynamics, it just got louder when i dug in the strings. the preamp models are pretty cool in a way, but nothing got close to having actual amps. pretty nifty, but not nifty enough. the vibratone effect was cool though.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I am confused: I know that it is a reissue-modify version of the original Super Champ, so I thought it was a tube amp... but now you are telling me it's a hybrid?! (I thought they mainly replace the effects with a DSP effect...
From what I can tell the Clean channel is all Tube except for the effects it uses one pre-amp tube and two Power Tubes.But the 2nd Channel uses Solid State Modeling for the 16 different amp models it has along with the DSP Effects. If you go to the Guitar Center Website they are listed under Hybrid not All Tube Amp's.
I have had a Line 6 Spider III for about a year now so I know what a bad modeling amp sounds like and this one sound a lot better than it.I think it sounds almost as good as the Blues Jr. and it sounded better than the Epiphone Valve Jr. half stack.
Quote by ECistheBest
i thought it was kind of boring sounding. the cleans were okay, but sort of thin sounding without so much bottom. it did not react to dynamics, it just got louder when i dug in the strings. the preamp models are pretty cool in a way, but nothing got close to having actual amps. pretty nifty, but not nifty enough. the vibratone effect was cool though.

If you have an all tube amp and are a experienced player you are might not think it is worth it but if you are in the market for a practice amp and don't want to spend $500+ I think you are doing yourself a disservice if you do not at lest try it.
Let me ask you though since you have the Blues Jr. do you think it is that much ($150) better than the Superchamp? Especially when you consider that to get the same effects you will have to spend several hundred more dollars in effects pedals.